This new format is appalling

I come on here, find a recent topic then it vanishes.

I was just about to reply to a new topic about getting old, got interrupted by an incoming text message, go back to Nottstalgia and the thread has gone, where to? and not knowing the exact title I can't find it again. Also had PM's that mean nothing to me and tracking them down comes to nothing. What the hell is going on, what was the point of changing the old format, that was easy to read and had continuity, this system seems to have a random format with topics just going off into the ether.

It doesn't work for me and noting a member leaving because of it, there are clearly others thinking the same way.

I'll post this but no doubt it will soon disappear somewhere ' Over the Rainbow'.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no further support for the Old version, No security patches, updates or help from support technician in case of problem. I still continue to pay $$$ for support/updates every 6 months. I

I think we've all got over the shock of Nottstalgia's changes, so perhaps this thread should be locked now and a more positive one in its place. It seems to be encouraging whinging while it is still u

As Mick has continually said, the old format was past it's sell-by date and needed upgrading. I don't understand how some can't seem to get that into their heads. The new format has had it's teething

Hope you find it Firbeck..............its no replies at the moment..................lol.

It's probably in All Activity by now! 

I'm not positive but I think that once you have read something in Unread Content; the next time you look for it, it will be in All Activity.

I don't have tablets or tapatalkthingys, just my relatively old laptop. Using that, I personally haven't found anything other than some minor irritations. It's all there on the home page as it was before and the new activity can be uploaded. I've caught up on a week's posts without any bother.

Hasn't Mick said the old format was out of date and keeping it wasn't an option?

Well I must say ive now got used to it and like it.........and I find new things difficult,.....I especially like the 'users on line'......just skipping thru it i'm finding old topics come up that i'd not noticed before......also like to see who's on at any time and how many,even what they are looking at.......and who's messaging who............lol.

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

.I especially like the 'users on line'......just skipping thru it i'm finding old topics come up that i'd not noticed before.

Since I accidentally discovered it, I have always used users online to find new topics to read; you are right benjamin you can find many that you didn't know existed.There we go, it's nice to find a plus, though this stepping stone was there in the old setup as well. I used it every day for an easy way of discovering old  topics that I hadn't seen.. Good int it.

• Upvote 1

Me and you are Hippo just posted ain't we...........lol.

No seriously I click browsers and uses on line pops up...............magic in'it...............and you were up very late t'uther night........and I know who you messaged............lol

• Upvote 1

Never viewed whose online till now . Strangely a "guest" was viewing Christmas songs a short while ago . Someones keen !

• Upvote 2

Now I am getting used to this new site, and still finding out where things are.  I will get used to it eventually ...........................

Thanks Mick for all the hard work you are doing for us.    P.S.  am still found of the old site

A good stepping stone David W, One of the Topics that comes up very often is the "Gedling School Photo 1962/3". Must be a lot of Gedlingites visit users online. You will probably find you check it out quite often now you have discovered it and it's extras,when you just want an alternative way to browse topics. Quick and easy, OH, and you will see who is on line as well.

• Upvote 1

Could'nt possibly divulge that information Hippo.............and nobody ever messages me.............:angry:

• Upvote 1