This new format is appalling

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:08 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Could'nt possibly divulge that information Hippo.............and nobody ever messages me.............:angry:

I'll speak to you Benji.........Whose idea was it to change things ?.... it's all a bloody mess now, I cannot find anything and am too old to learn - You cannot teach an old dog, new tricks.......:(

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no further support for the Old version, No security patches, updates or help from support technician in case of problem. I still continue to pay $$$ for support/updates every 6 months. I

I think we've all got over the shock of Nottstalgia's changes, so perhaps this thread should be locked now and a more positive one in its place. It seems to be encouraging whinging while it is still u

As Mick has continually said, the old format was past it's sell-by date and needed upgrading. I don't understand how some can't seem to get that into their heads. The new format has had it's teething

Whose idea blonde ? the owner of the site..........I am worlds worse with computers and anything new,and thought the same at first,.........however I now think its great.........just stick at it Gel and you'll think same before long,......me and you same age so I know what you mean,but you be ok me-duck.............missing your posts get ya finger out............lol.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

TBI #23.............Just tap 'browse'.......and the 'on line users'   pops up.

Thanks benjamin, everything seems to have got re-organised somehow. I din't do it honest.

I hate this new format, can't we go back to the old one  ?......

• Upvote 2

I am getting used to the new format.  One thing that surprises me is the number of guests online.  On the old version there was the list of who was online and how many members visited at the bottom of the forums list.  With the new format there seem to be more guests than members.  Are less members logging in and are there more guests?  It is interesting to see what the guests are looking at.

One other observation (not a complaint) is that the new version seems slower to load.

Sorting all the problems has taken people a lot of time and hard work.  I am so pleased the site is up and running again before we get withdrawal symptoms!

There is no further support for the Old version, No security patches, updates or help from support technician in case of problem.

I still continue to pay $$$ for support/updates every 6 months. I estimate I have spent $750 for this software.

The recent hosting problems forced me to buy premium hosting costing 6 time the original amount.

I dread to think how much the added web hosting costs are over the years.

Then there was the matter of time spent by myself and volunteers over the years.

Now any further complaints?

• Upvote 13

One thing I have noticed seems to be missing..........

If you receive a "reputation" for a post, the notifications just say that "someone" has given you a reputation; it doesn't say who the person was.

And if a post has received several "reputations",  you can't click to find out who gave them.

Was it a Plug-in which has disappeared ?

If you click the black heart at the bottom right of your post a popup will appear and tell you who gave you the reputation, or a list of people if more than one. Or at least it works for me and still does. What it doesn't tell you is whether or not the reputation they are giving yopu is good or bad  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Yes you tell 'em Mick!  I did find the old site a lot easier to use but we should all appreciate the price you've paid to keep hundreds of people amused and occupied.  You are providing a great public service ....... I thoroughly enjoy logging onto Nottstalgia, reading and posting, even though I have a busy life away from it.  I'm sure there are many Nottstalgians who rely on Nottstalgia for company.  Long may it continue. 

• Upvote 5

Whilst I sympathise with Mick, I must admit it's truly appalling. Hard to log in. Slow, and immensely frustrating ! 

This is the first time I've been back on the site since it went off and I've found everything O.K, I think members must appreciate that the are paying nothing to be on the site while it's costing MIck quite a lot.

• Upvote 5

Look you lot, I'm not decrying Micks tremendous efforts, I'm saying it's slow and frustrating. 

However, this morning, I was straight in. Maybe things are improving. 

• Upvote 1

Re # 44. Yes hippo girl, it certainly sounds like someone I know. He's not been on recently though. 

Well done Mick,great job and thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this site to keep going.  A gold star is in order.

I have no problem with the new look, everything working for me.

How about a donation fund for this site..................... ooppss I bet that frightened some of you.  

• Upvote 6