This new format is appalling

Ok, ok, not another peep out of me. I'll do my best with what I've got ! 

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no further support for the Old version, No security patches, updates or help from support technician in case of problem. I still continue to pay $$$ for support/updates every 6 months. I

I think we've all got over the shock of Nottstalgia's changes, so perhaps this thread should be locked now and a more positive one in its place. It seems to be encouraging whinging while it is still u

As Mick has continually said, the old format was past it's sell-by date and needed upgrading. I don't understand how some can't seem to get that into their heads. The new format has had it's teething

IT certainly is Margie.........as Donna was ironing my shirt for work............I gave her the full rendition of Mungo Gerry's 'you got women on your mind'........on my pretend Trumpet......'GO TO WORK' she shouted...........I was only making the best of what I got.........would love to play the Trumpet..............lol.

• Upvote 1

So that's where you are, carnie. 

O lay, we're here in sunny Skeg, eh viva Nottstalgia,

To keep the rain away we'll beg, eh viva Nottstalgia.

If we want we'll have a night out where, in some pub we'll wet lips,

Last call before we both head back,  Is Epson's fish and chips.

Hope it keeps fine for you both.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin, perhaps you could join a Salvation Army band and learn to play the trumpet?  No dog collars in that particular denomination, although it is a very smart uniform...

• Upvote 1

Thank you Chulla,The sun is shining and the true Skeggy wind is very bracing. Just getting ready to go to a car boot. I will be singing your ditty all the way round. 

benj, I can picture you there on the sofa, in your little Liberty bodice, trying to work out where your PM's are. Mind boggling.

Ian, the first soggy chip is yours Miduck.

I'll bring you all a stick of Skeggy Rock back. On second thoughts, Plastic and rock could work out expensive. slywink

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the encouragement Loppy and Margie...........I did actually buy a Trumpet many years ago........drove the neighbours mad to say nowt of the wife...........really tried to play like Herp Albert,even Eddie Calvert,just couldn't get my 'Emboucher' right.....in the end gave it to my Daughter...........and she ended up playing in the 'Bestwood Black Diamonds' so all was not lost............

• Upvote 3

I suppose as we become older we all become averse to change, please don't give it away Mick #124.

I'm struggling but I'll get there I'm sure.

For me now it is my only contact from my old home.

Keep up the good work and a thank you for all you have thanklessly done for us that use the site.

• Upvote 8

I feel very guilty about starting this topic, but, well, somebody was inevitably going to do it. I think Mick does an amazing job, I'm quite happy to make a donation, I didn't realise how much it personally cost him.

Yes the new format is cool, still a few issues though! Waking up early this morning I picked up the thread on Barton buses, well it was 4:00am, couldn't really concentrate on that superb video. Decided to have a look when more compus mentis, it ain't there, things appear then vanish, sure I can hunt for it, but.................

When I've  read a topic, it disappears from 'unread content' (of course!)  so if I want to go back to it I go to 'all activity' to find it again.

Sorry I've not been on for weeks but I've been working a lot and also trying to rebuild my kitchen. Also means I've been sleeping a lot. This new format seems rather confusing but I'll just go with the flow as always.

I don't like it either as I am too old for change....

• Upvote 1

Please don't 'throw in the towel' Mick; you've built (and bought at your own expense) something special here - a unique mine of information for all that is Notts.  I'm sure that the majority of members (and the anonymous viewers) are behind you. The few dissatisfied ones can choose whether or not to stay with us.

• Upvote 7
1 hour ago, The Engineer said:

Please don't 'throw in the towel' Mick; you've built (and bought at your own expense) something special here - a unique mine of information for all that is Notts.  I'm sure that the majority of members (and the anonymous viewers) are behind you. The few dissatisfied ones can choose whether or not to stay with us.

I don't like the new format but I do like nostalgia so just keeping reading and posting maybe one day it will be a "eureka" moment.    Stick with it Mick because I and many others will miss you.

• Upvote 1

Mick, please stop scaring us all and threatening to take our favourite toy away. We'll be good. Well I will. I'm sure most others will too.  Those who can't behave and be appreciative can go and sit on the Nottstalgia naughty step or, even, be locked in the Nottstalgia cellar! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

Too many comment's such as... I like it ...but.  There is always a  "but "  for Christs sake leave it be. The site is great just learn to use it. it's not that complicated

Not many offers of people helping Mick out with a few bob to help pay for what you all are getting nowt.

I suggest that Mick opens Paypal account or something like that so we can all put in a couple of bob a year. 

Now that suggestion will probably frighten the life out of most of you. You can all pick yourselves up from the floor now after the shock

Don't even know why Mick bothers !!!

• Upvote 6

This site has been updated and modernised to reflect today's and to-morrows users. As it is now 'bang up-todate' we should move with the times. So, we need a plan following modern business practices.

Due to Micks 'core competency' the site is without doubt 'bleeding edge' so 'going forward' we need to 'buy in' to it and set up 'tiger teams' for fund raising 'open the kimono' 'move the needle' so that the account can completely 'wash it's face' and get Mick's 'bottom line' 'back in the black.'

• Upvote 3

I think we've all got over the shock of Nottstalgia's changes, so perhaps this thread should be locked now and a more positive one in its place. It seems to be encouraging whinging while it is still up. This website is still the best thing sinced sliced bread, and it's free to us, folks, so get over it!

• Upvote 9