This new format is appalling

I dont mind the new format. Its not hugely different from the old one. Didnt take me long to re-establish my ipad and PC and imac to the new format. 

I did miss it though. I was in a tent in Keswick on Sunday and Monday and griped about the wi fi signal. I will have to apologise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no further support for the Old version, No security patches, updates or help from support technician in case of problem. I still continue to pay $$$ for support/updates every 6 months. I

I think we've all got over the shock of Nottstalgia's changes, so perhaps this thread should be locked now and a more positive one in its place. It seems to be encouraging whinging while it is still u

As Mick has continually said, the old format was past it's sell-by date and needed upgrading. I don't understand how some can't seem to get that into their heads. The new format has had it's teething

15 minutes ago, mercurydancer said:

I dont mind the new format. Its not hugely different from the old one. Didnt take me long to re-establish my ipad and PC and imac to the new format. 

I did miss it though. I was in a tent in Keswick on Sunday and Monday and griped about the wi fi signal. I will have to apologise. 

On Sunday and Monday all you missed was Nottstalgia not being there. It was offline for several days for technical reasons, so you weren't the only person suffering withdrawal symptoms. The difference is that most of us didn't have to be in a tent to find a lack of Nottstalgia.

• Upvote 1

Well talk about an exercise in frustration.  Finally manged to log on from my laptop.  It kept telling me the site was off line from about midnight your time 7 p.m my time.  Site comes up but as soon as you send the log in info it goes awol.  Kept trying and finally got in.  Had a few minutes looking over posts and it kicked me out again.  Said the site was off line.   More effort logging in and now I'm writing this post.  No assurance that it will post when I submit it though.

It almost feels like when you try to access the site it is sending the info elsewhere and saying the site is offline.

I've checked other forums and they are all working just fine so I don't think my computer is to blame.  Internet is working fine and fast.  I'm about beat.  Ipad seemed better for a while but it was acting up on NS this afternoon.

Once again.  I'm not just trying to be a moaning whiner.  I'm trying to figure out what is wrong.

It is frustrating Dave,I think Patience is the keyword!

My son assured me it was nothing from the members end..just NS gremlins.

My computer knowledge is limited and that doesn't help.

Jake probably got more rubs when this site was down....Lucy got longer walks and sniffs!

You are right Ian.

My purpose in reporting this stuff is as I noted is not to complain and moan.  I figure the more we can explain what is happening it might give the admin guys some idea of what is going wrong.  I'm OK with the new format.  It just seems to be a communication glitch between my computer and the site.

Yeh.  Jake's doing fine and Bailey is getting more ball chasing so the dog family is happy anyway.  LOL

I had to compose a fairly long and important pm yesterday, and it was imperative that I got the wording exactly correct as in a way, it was fairly life changing. I choose my words carefully and re read it several times amending its content where necessary, as I didn't want anything to be misconstrued by the recipient. I was reasonably pleased with my efforts, but when I came to 'submit reply ' the system said I didn't have permission to do that. I was furious, over 30k posts, and I don't have permission ! Utter crap ! 

It transpires that I was logged out as I had surpassed the time limit . I therefore had to swiftly re do it, but in a more concise and shorter way. I know I've been told to save stuff, but why the hell should I. Writing it initially was hard enough, and then have to do it again with different wording was very difficult for me. 

So, if you're doing a long post or pm, then don't procrastinate ! 

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

!It transpires that I was logged out as I had surpassed the time limit .

Someone else (I can't remember who) had that timing-out problem a few months ago. I don't think we ever sorted it because Mick wasn't aware that there was any time limit. Looks like this definitely proves there is a time limit for  composing long posts.

• Upvote 1

Spot on as usual Catfan. I'll write out an "idiot sheet" for myself. 

SNF2724EN_580_628980a.jpg

Making a lengthy post anywhere on the internet could lead to loss of the text.

Before posting:

ctrl+a (select all)

ctrl+c (copy to clipboard)

If you lose it 

ctrl+v (paste)

Re auto log out this may happen using two devices to log in at the same time.

• Upvote 3
On 9/17/2016 at 9:01 AM, Cliff Ton said:

On the old system if I clicked on the green heart I could see which 4 people who had "Liked" the post. Now I can't click on it at all.  And when I get a Notification that someone has put a "Like" on a post, it just says "Someone" has liked it - it doesn't give their name.  So I don't know who is liking it.

I'm bumping my own comment because it still applies and I'm not sure if I'm the only person who has this problem. I'm getting "Likes" on various posts but I have no idea who is making them; it just says "someone".

I'm using Chrome, but it also doesn't work in Firefox or Safari.

The "Like" problem didn't happen with the update, it only stopped working since we came back from the break.

19 minutes ago, katyjay said:

I too can't click on the green heart to see who is liking a post. Also, where did the Member List go? Can't find it anywhere.

katyjay, which browser are you using ?   

I am using Chrome. If only you and I  can't click on the heart, Cliff Ton, does that mean only Admin can't do it.? If so, a reversal of power, LOL. 

Bloody Norah, it has started working. Just found an old post I Liked, clicked on it and it opened up. Why, I have no idea, it didn't work till now.