Plastic money

Held one of the new fivers yesterday. Monopoly money looks more real. It is smaller and very shiney and slippery, and crackles when you tug it. Make sure you have sticky fingers to keep hold of it.

Saw a tv programme not long ago about plastic money apparently its made in Italy and I seem to remember its made around this area.

Ive got plastic cards wife said only use in emergency...........but soon i'll have lots of that Euro stuff which ive earned over the last few weeks and i'm allowed to be in charge of when on holiday (the only time) and i'll give her a proper 60s wooing.........she's such a lucky gel and i'm sure she will appreciate it...........billy Fury eat ya heart out............lol.

• Upvote 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes the pound is going decidedly low, anyone going to europe will pay dearly for their euros.

Friends last year left us  some money to get wine for them. Good job they got it then as they would have only got maybe 2/3 of wine for the same amount.

Disgusted as our pension is getting less every time it arrives.

Get with it you lot, we have had polymer (plastic) banknotes since 1988 and all notes have been polymer here since 1996. One good thing about them is that they go through the washing machine with no problems and they don't get as grotty as paper notes.

Our 1 and 2 dollar paper notes were replaced by coins in 1984 and 1988 respectively. All previously issued Australian banknotes are still considered legal tender.

Apparently you guys have until 5 May 2017 to spend your paper fivers as they cease to become legal tender then so spend up big. Just off to check my stash of sterling left over from various trips home.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Wonder how long it will be before debit cards are scrapped and we are all chipped or tattooed to prove our identity? 
Then no-one will be able to buy or sell without this identity mark.
Revelation chapter 13 verses 16 and 17

Just saying ….

• Like 2

Might be a tad difficult if we rely on a tattoo when buying online and tattoos are easy to copy from a photograph... I've said before the day will come when all newborns will be chipped, maybe they will start with the convicted to get people used to the idea. We could of course go down the Biblical route though and start with the slaves...

Yes, a chip would probably be best.   
I wonder if it will come before my natural demise …. 

Which will lead to a rise in mugging and dragging the victims through the checkouts...

On a more serious note there is already a company that inserts chips in their employees:

https://www.technologyreview.com/2018/08/17/140994/this-company-embeds-microchips-in-its-employees-and-they-love-it/

• 7 months later...