The Useless Bits Of Information Department !

Did you know that the only NCT purpose built depot for buses was Bilborough Depot. All the others were tram sheds with the exception of Central Market depot which was a fish market etc. !

You live & learn as they say !

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favourite is Ganesh because I love elephants and I hate the way brainless human idiots hunt them for ivory. Lets have lots more elephants and a lot fewer people! 

When I was a child, my father woke me up one morning, all excited, insisting I come outside and look at something wonderful in the garden. It turned out to be a chocolate tree! Well, I was only tiny a

Errrr, you sure it's ounces and not grams Catfan?   44 oz of Yorkie bar would even stump Carni ! 

Before vinyl was introduced, most gramophone records were made from a mix of shellac, ground slate and carbon black. The shellac is a resin produced by the 'lac bug' on trees in India and Thailand.

7 hours ago, loppylugs said:

If I remember rightly those records were very brittle.  Probably be hard pressed to find any at all now.

I've got a few hundred of them.  Play them now and again.  There are still collectors about and people who are enthusiasts for early phonographs etc.

Col

I never realized there would be so many of 'em still around, Col.  I tend to forget those who have collected and lovingly

preserved them.

By the time my record buying days came around 45s were really moving into the pop scene, although one of the first records I bought was a Lonnie Donegan number recorded on a PYE vinyl 78!

• Upvote 1

Mercury is the only element which is naturally a liquid at room temperature.  But, if you hold a piece of solid metallic Gallium in your hand it will melt as it's melting point is only 30 degrees C.

Told you afore Jill,you just a 'whippersnapper'...........anyway aint got time for Yoga,......what with me Gym workouts and 5-aside football............lol.

• Upvote 1

Another NOTTM snippet: the Arboretum first opened on 11 th May 1852.

Within the first 3 months 25,000 visitors entered it's gates.such was it's popularity that an entrance fee was charged, the Nottingham public protested and in 1857 public entry became free!