The Useless Bits Of Information Department !

Anybody spot the 'deliberate'   :rolleyes:   mistake in #17? 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favourite is Ganesh because I love elephants and I hate the way brainless human idiots hunt them for ivory. Lets have lots more elephants and a lot fewer people! 

When I was a child, my father woke me up one morning, all excited, insisting I come outside and look at something wonderful in the garden. It turned out to be a chocolate tree! Well, I was only tiny a

Errrr, you sure it's ounces and not grams Catfan?   44 oz of Yorkie bar would even stump Carni ! 

That's the other 'deliberate' mistake Margie.  :rolleyes:

The one I am referring to is that I said Mercury is the only element that is liquid at room temperature.  Should have said the only metal that is.There is another element that is not a metal and is liquid at room temperature.

Answers on a postcard to...  :)

Col

Points for initiative Margie!  :)

• Upvote 1

Ian, that means that people only earned an average annual wage of of £237.39 (and most would have earned less than this as the more senior employees  would have probably earned much more)

£343.20 p.a. in my case, or £6.12s per week as a coal board apprentice.  As I recall that was a decent apprentice wage back then in 1965.  It's debatable whether the information now is more useless than I was then.

Col

On 19/09/2016 at 6:14 PM, DJ360 said:

Mercury is the only element which is naturally a liquid at room temperature.  But, if you hold a piece of solid metallic Gallium in your hand it will melt as it's melting point is only 30 degrees C.

Bromine is also fuming liquid at room temperature.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Mess said:

Notts County's original nickname was the Lambs

Going off at a slight tangent on this subject, can anyone pinpoint when people stopped referring to Nottingham Forest as the Foresters?

In the drawing of all the local football club nickname characters on the front of the Football Post a forester was still being used for Forest into the 1960s.

E.g. as also seen (between the Magpie and the Stag) on the annual football guide:

PostAnnual_zps085816e4.jpg

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BulwellBrian said:

Bromine is also fuming liquid at room temperature.

Correct. See pp #26 to #29.  :)

Col

2 hours ago, Mess said:

Notts County's original nickname was the Lambs

That could explain something.  Clive also known as Nottm's Lord Sutch, often wore a NC scarf on stage.. I believe he goes to all NC home games.  (Or at least did)  He renamed his band 'Lambs of the World' sometime late 60s. Maybe that's why.  I haven't seen him since about 1970.

Col

£3/19/6..............FIRST weeks gross wage as a Van-lad Midland station 1960............6 months later £4/2/6........at Marsdens,.......gave Mam £2......still had money still had money in my pocket next pay day..........mind you 3years later was earning £10 per week as relief manager,still only gave Mam £2............living the high life wer'nt i............Locarno,rowing boats on the Embankment,Forest Matches,99 club,Sherwood Rooms,Bodega, me own car and weekends in Skeg..............aahh