House on corner of Derby Rd and Lenton boulevard

Some of you might have noticed a large derelict house on the corner of Derby road and Lenton boulevard.

If you drive past at night, there are lights on........does anyone know the story behind this property ? 

I am sure it once hosted some great parties and had a swimming pool backing onto Cottesmore school ?

Sounds like me..... Large, derelict, but the lights are still on !

• Upvote 2

That house has been empty for years, there is a possibility that it is used, as there was a car parked on the drive, but it never seemed to move and finally ended up abandoned like the house.

I was once told that it was some kind of brothel 20 maybe 30 years ago.

It's been apparently derelict for as long as I can remember. As though there was never a time when it wasn't like that.

derbyrd_zpstwxoejey.jpg

Over the years there has been an occasional change in the abandoned car(s) parked round the side.

derbyrd2_zpsvqcdeudm.jpg

It seems even too run-down to be a student house.

39 minutes ago, hippo girl said:

I am sure it once hosted some great parties and had a swimming pool backing onto Cottesmore school ?

Hippo comment tells me she knows more? The Rod Stewart lookalike Terry Reid rented it off B_____d S_____r he lived there with 2 strippers one called Pepper, Terry used to be seen driving a big white yank soft top car around Nottingham he had go at comedy under the name Ziggy Reid we gave him a few gigs if one of his girls was performing, all I'm admitting to is I've been in that pool, Hippo?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Who in their right mind mind would but that place in the middle f student land ?

Not on your nelly. Most probably a money grabbing buy to let landlord will buy that To  LET TO MORE STUDENTS.!

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

I was told it belonged to a bit of a fly-by-night who ran a security/doormen type operation, don't know how true it is, but it was a very long time ago - didn't there used to be a pink Cadillac parked there years ago?