Another Pet Thread !

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reminds me of my foster cat, Fluffy. Rescued her when she gave birth to 3 kittens in an elderly neighbour's conservatory. She wasn't young and was in poor condition. She was spayed and went back to li

Talking dogs! Now your talking.    

During our married life, we had Shep who was an unwanted 5 month old Border Collie. And now the list of cats... Moggie (1) was a stray, Moggie (2) was a feral cat who arrived from over the fields

• 1 month later...

Beautiful photo well done to Willow.

I have always had a dog create in my car for my dog, but the other day someone told me that it is against the law now to travel with a dog who has not got a dog harness on. Is there any member knows if this is correct?

I admit that our dog has travelled thousands of miles in the car with us, he's been to South of France and back 4 or 5 times and travels many miles in this country to go on long country walks.  He's never been restrained nor in a cage in the car, but mostly curls up in the passenger footwell and goes to sleep.   I can see that in an accident having a loose animal flying through the vehicle would be dangerous and have sometimes thought we should fasten him down somehow, but never done so.    

• Like 1

I never restrain my daughters dog, as she's used to just sprawling on a blanket on the back seat and stays there.

My two like to lay on the backseat.  I have a harness that attaches to the seatbelt, but I'm afraid in a roll over type accident it could strangle them.  So many variables it's hard to know what is really best for them or us.:rolleyes:

Hows this for a nice Cat Lovers tale............my youngest son has a nice ground floor Apartment.......with a River just a few feet away........he has 4 Cats who always play in the Reeds.......one of them is just a few months old..,and yesterday he could hear it 'crying' for help in the water logged Reeds,...he waded out so far but just could'nt reach it.....or actually see it.......he rang the RSPCA who said 'doubt we can help but will try and get someone out''......after the phone call he returned to see if he could see it again..........and he saw a lovely sight........one of his other Cats and no relation to the Kitten was bringing it out the water and Reeds in its mouth............fair brought tears to his eyes..........

Cats eh,....just love em.................

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Cheered me up no end. It's not such  a bad old world after all.

• Like 1

Another funny Cat story i'd like to relate,......it was about 20 years ago.........and i had to meet a prospective client at the motorway services 'Woolley Edge' i think it was.........and i used to use them little 'Cassette recorders'' for these meetings so i got the clients needs right.

Anyway met this chap he was dressed to the nines with an accent to match and was very formal........having got our coffee we began to chat,i said i'd like to record everything if that is ok?......sure'he said good idea''.........i reached into my brief case and the recorder felt sticky..........and when i pulled it out i saw why........my very old Tom-cat had crapped all over it........the clients face was a picture.......as i waffled something about ''that bleddy Cat''...........i got away with it and the very stern chap.......started laughing his head off,....and i still got his business.......eventually becoming good pals with him over the next 4 or 5 years......but he always always made comment about our first meeting............Cats eh...............lol.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Reminds me of my foster cat, Fluffy. Rescued her when she gave birth to 3 kittens in an elderly neighbour's conservatory. She wasn't young and was in poor condition. She was spayed and went back to live with Betty whose conservatory she gave birth in. They were ideal for each other and Fluffy had a high old life there for 7 years, being thoroughly spoiled.

Unfortunately, Fluffy suffered from flea related dermatitis which meant regular spot on flea treatment which she hated. On one occasion, Betty had Frontlined Fluff who promptly scarpered upstairs as soon as the stuff was on, hissing and growling. Getting ready for chapel the following morning, dear old Betty took her best hat from the shelf in her bedroom and stuck it on her head. I'll leave you to guess what was in it!

The hat ended up in the dustbin.  Betty is still going at 96 and every time I see her all she wants to talk about is how much she misses Fluffy! She truly loved that cat! Fluff passed on 5 years ago.

Raffles, my tabby, is Fluffy's daughter. She also suffers from flea related dermatitis and I Frontline her every month. She too growls and hisses but.....I don't wear hats!! Phew!!!!;)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1