This caught my eye as one went past me yesterday. It was going the other way I hasten to add. The occupants were sitting side by side and I beleive it was a BMW. 

Years ago I was visiting a  girlfriend and got a lift home from someone who was visiting her family and had a bubble car. It was a tandem seating arrangement and I sat between the driver and his wife. They were both rather large and it was a rather unpleasant journey with body parts jiggling against me front and back. There must have been close to 40 stone on board.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely photo of the Isetta - our's was that pretty blue colour, too.  Here's a couple of photos of ours in 1965/6 Unfortunate that Paul sat on the front bar - looks very strange!!  

I thought Imps were great - but I would say that, wouldn't I?  

Mate of mine had one of them Bugs,went down to see Notts play one saturday in it,not much room to park near county hall so he pulls in this tight spot right upto the back of an artic trailer with the

Catfan,I will pay a visit to that museum when it re-opens,it's only down the road from where I work,thanks for the reminder,I think they used to be just off the A17 at Byards Leap many years ago so pleased they found another venue

Rog

I seem to remember a few years ago a story in the local newspaper about a bubble car that was in a garage somewhere in Lincolnshire that had been repaired but never collected by the owner,this little bubble car was donated to the Bubble Car museum,turns out it belonged to Jimmy Saville and he was the person who donated it

Rog

• 2 months later...

My ex brother-in-law had an Isetta & I drove it a few times: Was left hand drive & the gears were the wrong way round, it was quite nippy though. He used to take it to traction engine & car rallies, it got stuck in the mud & the single back wheel was spinning merrily away.. 

Lovely photo of the Isetta - our's was that pretty blue colour, too.  Here's a couple of photos of ours in 1965/6

Unfortunate that Paul sat on the front bar - looks very strange!!

IMG_2165_zpsbcvrghww.jpg

IMG_2160_zpskxelvcz6.jpg

• Upvote 4

I always fancied a Messerschmitt, still do. Nearest to I got to a bubble was a mate with a Bond three wheeler. He had to open the bonnet, stick his leg in and kick start the engine. No reverse gear on it so we just picked the back end up and spun it round when we needed to.

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

A lad at work had a Bond car, he used to give me a lift home in it occasionally. Like being in an orange cheese dish! 

I think you're talking about the Bond Bug from the '70s. Bright orange wedge shaped.

I mean the Bond minicar from the '50s. To start it you lift the bonnet and there is a motorcycle engine that had to be kick started.

I have a picture of each but I'm too stupid to figure out how to post them from PB or DB

Hi Brew.  To the right of your picture on Photobucket you should see two small windows one above the other.  Copy the text in the LOWER one and just paste it into your post on Nottstalgia.  When you hit post, your photos should come up in your post.  Hope this helps a bit.

Dave   (Loppylugs)

• Upvote 1

I can only copy pictures on photobucket using the laptop.  It doesn't work when I use the iPad, unfortunately - don't know why. 

Mate of mine had one of them Bugs,went down to see Notts play one saturday in it,not much room to park near county hall so he pulls in this tight spot right upto the back of an artic trailer with the front end of the bug just under the back end of the trailer,we couldn't get out the bleddy thing because the whole front of the Bug hinged up to allow you to get out and we were stuck under the back end of a trailer,win some lose some

Rog

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, MargieH said:

I can only copy pictures on photobucket using the laptop.  It doesn't work when I use the iPad, unfortunately - don't know why. 

I have the same issue, Margie.  I have a script blocker on my laptop and when I check it while on Photobucket I see so much stuff wanting to spy on and track me.  I would like to put my photos on another site, but PB does seem to work well with NS and the other sites seem clunky and are probably loaded with spyware anyway.  I suspect though, that it may be this junk that interferes with a smooth operation on the IPad.  

Loppy, I don't know if that is the case when I try to copy pictures.  The box just doesn't go yellow and say 'copied' when I click on it.  

Sounds like something is blocking you there for some reason, Margie.  I'll have to give it a try.  That's why I only tend to post photos in the evening my time, which tends to be when I use the laptop.  I just pick up the IPad for a quick look at NS during the day.  I have over 800 photos on PB, but most of them would not be of much interest to the NS folks.  Unless you love dogs.  :biggrin:

3 hours ago, catfan said:

Try copying the "img" & pasting.

Thanks Catfan ......I'm not a Photobucket user , I still use Flickr and they only embed in a post here if the suffix ends in .jpg

Just thought I would try Brews photo by deleting all the unnecessary URL beyond the .jpg suffix

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, MargieH said:

Try re-installing the PB app on your ipad Margie.