21st century observations

^^^^^^^^Hate to tell you this but I went into a house in Aspley mid 70s and there was green dog shite on one bed blanket. I have worked in peoples houses most of my life and can tell you there has always been some households like this. And poor does not necessarily mean dirty, likewise rich does not always mean clean.

I have been in houses in Nottingham Park where you pulled your socks up over your trousers and then covered them in flea powder, also had a Moth Hawk on a piece of string to hang round my neck so all you could smell was the naphtha.

As to the gobby woman I would never advocate hitting a female but................................

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate in the 21st century. PC (not the computer type either). Parents who don't/want to know how to bring up their offspring. Lack of discipline everywhere. Kids in pubs. Mob

Sad to say, I was the opposite to Jill and Ian. As a teenager, I couldn't stand old people, even relatives. I mostly found them irritating and uninteresting. I thought that anyone over 40 was old, and

Funny thing, some of the lovely people of our youth were from families who lived their lives in the ways described in these comments. Some of my pals parents could hardly read and write and the houses

Fully agree NBL..seen some sights in my time..curtains used as Andrex/sat on a bed to change drill bits...crunch!..cold plate of beans on toast under the duvet..the amount of times I've told households I have stomach ulcers when offering food etc..

Funny thing, some of the lovely people of our youth were from families who lived their lives in the ways described in these comments. Some of my pals parents could hardly read and write and the houses were like being back in time, then. Fortunately for me my parents were caring and kept a clean and warm house. It seems a lifetime away when people lived in dreadful circumstances and yet now, by all accounts, many choose to live like that. The world and life is a funny place.  

What I like about 2016 is that I am still alive to see the changes and have a comparison to see where we have come from and are going to. Many of my lifelong colleagues have passed over this last two years and many joint memories are now singular memories to me. I find that sad, but it's a privilege to live to be older. I don't hate anything, ever.  The only permanent thing in life is change so accept it and move on eh!.

• Upvote 5