Congestion Charge on the Way ?

Being cyclists ourselves we have observed over the years that there are so many situations arise where by they are made worse by peoples personal attitudes, be it the walker who hates the cyclist, the cyclist who hates the dog walker who lets the dog roam free stating he wont hurt you as the dog runs snapping at the ankles. The owner who calls the loose dog to their side saying 'sit' and the first cycle gets by at which the dog casually gets up and walks in front of me (no fault of the dog)and I have to stop abruptly, nearly falling off.

Cyclists riding on pavements. Cars parked half on half off pavements, so no chance of a pushchair being able to pass. Walkers with earplugs in whilst walking on designated Pedestrian/cyclist routes, no chance of hearing the bell we ring as we approach, only to jump out of their skin as we slowly pass by. Then there are the ones who you know have heard your bell, but take on the attitude of 'Who do they think they are ringing a bell at me'.

So, in all situations in life, there will always be someone who upsets someone else with deliberate or accidental reactions to other peoples opinions, and doing things differently. I expect some will find my words, not to their liking, but that is life. If only we could all get on, obey rules, try not to be deliberately awkward just for the sake of it etc, we have so much to be grateful for in this country, but some people  will never be happy unless they are being awkward. Sometime causing dangerous  and unhappy situations for other people. That's life!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being cyclists ourselves we have observed over the years that there are so many situations arise where by they are made worse by peoples personal attitudes, be it the walker who hates the cyclist, the

Spot on Carni, as you say pedestrians with ear plugs in listening to music are a real pain on duel purpose pathways, If some one doesn't respond or acknowledge my bell I give a quick blast on the "Air

Tosser's will be tosser's whether they are riding a bike, driving a vehicle, or often just existing, you can try to ignore them but they are that loud it is usually impossible.   I live on a

Sadly, we don't live in a perfect environment Carni.

• Like 1

Spot on Carni, as you say pedestrians with ear plugs in listening to music are a real pain on duel purpose pathways, If some one doesn't respond or acknowledge my bell I give a quick blast on the "Airzound"(you'll have to google that) but that usually provokes an aggressive reaction similar to what you experience when you ride past someone thats not heard your bell,I don't think we will ever be able to get on together but with a bit of thought for others and to realise the world doesn't revolve around "just me" we might,only might be able to share this small planet and pedestrians,cyclists,motor car drivers,van drivers. bus drivers and lorry drivers will get along,I doubt it but you never know, In the meantime when I'm in my car I will carry on letting other car drivers come out of junctions, slow down near pedestrian crossings,just in case, ring my bell when on me trike and say "Good morning/afternoon" to everyone I pass.

Rog

• Like 4

Good attitude plantfit, If only we met more people like you whilst on our bike rides. We would never stop smiling.:)

When the councils or whoever design the Pedestrian/ Cyclist routes, they don't seem to consider the hard of hearing, partially sighted or people with disabilities. They must all assume we will watch out for each other. Mmm, Wouldn't that be wonderful. But as Fly says 'We don't live in a perfect environment.

• Like 1

Tosser's will be tosser's whether they are riding a bike, driving a vehicle, or often just existing, you can try to ignore them but they are that loud it is usually impossible.

I live on a quite road that is also a hill, a good few years ago there was a cyclist who insisted on flying down the pavement at 8-30 every morning and he expected everyone else to move aside for him, kids going to school, mothers with prams everyone as he was in a rush to get to work.

That is until one morning my next door neighbour but one hid behind his hedge and at the right moment stuck a brush handle through his gate into the guys front wheel spokes, guess he was late for work that day but we never saw him again to ask.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
On 12/28/2017 at 10:08 AM, catfan said:

You couldn't make it up. This council has money to burn !

It's only took the Nottm Post until today to run this story ...... old news?

31 comments & counting anyone post on their? If so post a link to this topic? Get some new blood (word & keep one players need not apply)

http://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/three-months-work-planned-move-1001718

• Like 1