Leonard Cohen.

Leonard Cohen, the famed singer songwriter sadly died today aged 82.

I will best remember him for penning two of my all time favourite songs, Bird on a Wire, and Hallelujah. 

RIP. Leonard.

"I have torn everyone who reached out for me, but I swear by this song, and all that I have done wrong, I will make it all up to thee".  .... Very prophetic !

Another great has left us I believe.

Always liked his stuff.

As well as his own albums, the stunning collaboration he did with Jennifer Warnes to produce her 1986 album 'Famous Blue Raincoat' (Subtitled 'Jenny Sings Lenny'), remains one of my all time favourites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37946654

Col

I'm 'bumping' this because I can't believe that we have no Leonard Cohen fans here.

The man was a genius and a legend.

I've just recalled a very intimate night and following morning spent with a young lady from Carlton back around 1969. She was the centre of my World for two years and Lenny sang to us from his 'Songs of' album as we made love in the the morning.

And no.. she wasn't called Suzanne.

Col

A poet has left my life,he was to me,in words - what Lou Reed was to the 'Punk'.

He carried me throughout my college studies making a thesis on Merchantlism and another on Victor Vasarely flow to the reader dishing out my 40% . Songs From a Room has kept me company since the scorcher of '76.

Tony Palmer captured him perfectly in Bird on a Wire..that film portayed his very essence... and the audience and it's generation .

His followers and fans developing and understanding- alongside him!

In some strange way i feel proud that i have lived in this evolving era...somehow I don't forsee  this happening with today's performers and their audiences.

'When You Are Old' by W B Yeats...seems a fitting reading as a tribute.

So Long Marianne.

RIP.

I've got some sort of music playing at least 7/8 hours a day everyday but Cohen completely passed me by I can't say I recall one song/tune.

Anyway for your Cohen lovers  just sat down to watch last nights BBC4s Reggae at the BBC which I recorded on my TiVo box, it had been replaced by some long lost Leonard Cohen film "Blackbird on a wire" so if you want to watch it should be on iPlayer?

• Upvote 1

Reggae at the BBC...... You worry me RR !