I am searching for my cat Bramble, a fluffy tabby & white neutered male who left home on 1/6/15 but was seen for another 3 months in the area before disappearing altogether. This may have been a result of his being bullied by another cat. His home range is the block formed by Burnwood Drive and the Denholme Road Estate on the boundary of Wollaton and Bilborough. I have just received some information that there are some stray cats living in the Balloon Woods area so am in the process of investigating this feral community. Bramble has his own page on Facebook ('Bramble') on which you can see some photos of him. Please note that he is large (34" long) and has no white on his face - there is another cat in the Balloon Woods area who is similar but much smaller. He has a couple of physical defects, which I may ask you about if you spot him. However, he does not limp and when he was last seen, he was apparently in good condition. He is very shy and can be aggressive if frightened. He is microchipped and registered with Ambivet in Wollaton, but The Vet on Glaisdale Drive also has his details.

If you see him, please call me at any time on 928 2896. You can also leave a message on 989 0243 (24 hours). I am not ruling out the possibility that he has strayed further afield by using the railway embankment as a thoroughfare (so he may be in Bilborough or somewhere along Old Coach Road, Bilborough or Wollaton end) but he is terrified of traffic, even bicycles, so will not cross busy roads. He is also believed to have lived in woodland before he came to me, so may seek out such an environment again. There is a way under Trowell Road at the railway bridge near Waitrose that wild animals use so if he has migrated to Firbeck or Balloon Woods, he has used that route and possibly the underpass at the top of Wollaton Vale. He is dearly loved and the whole street misses him.

Just want to say how I sympathise with your plight. As someone who is owned by 4 cats, I understand the loss and anxiety you are feeling. I sincerely hope that your feline friend is located and safely returned to you. I know many on this site will echo those sentiments.