Fidel Castro dies aged 90.

Fidel Castro has died. The Cuban leader reached the grand old age of 90.

LOVE America............but give Castro his due,saw how Cuba was used by American crooks and Mafia.......came thru all the American attempts to have him 'knocked off'..........and in the end did Cuba proud............RIP Fidel...............

• Upvote 1

Best bet NBL, some folks are a mite touchy on that subject as you well know. 

• Upvote 1

You are quite correct NBL and Fly,and my post was probably a bit Political re-reading it........but nowt up with wishing him a good farewell no matter what his beliefs.................anyway what about Che Guevara?? I reckon he was a good lad..............or shall we not go there?...........lol.

• Upvote 1

I will say rest in peace Fidel,he was a fellow human being,lived his life the way he saw fit,ran a country the way he saw fit,just because he did'nt fit in with the way we would do things does'nt make him a bad person,if we all did things the same as each other what a boring place this would be,

RIP

Rog

• Upvote 2

Sorry, but I have to reply with a question what about all the people he had executed because they did not see things the same as he and the people who fled his regime.....................should they not have a voice?

Mods please delete this post if you think it to much.

• Upvote 7

His welcoming of Russian missiles almost caused WW 3 in 1962.  I remember that like yesterday.  There were a lot of wry jokes about digging trenches in four minutes and wearing tin helmets on the building site I was on, but nobody was really laughing.  I thought I might not see my 18th birthday.

• Upvote 2

Being the same age as yourself Loppy,i too remember it all very well...........we nearly started stocking up on essentials.....but with Brooke Bond divi tea at 1/6 qtr....and sugar at 1/4 per 2lb bag...........just couldn't afford it,............anyway them with their finger on the Nuclear buttons.........seemed reasonable chaps back then............

• Upvote 1

Bit of tea and sugar wouldn't have done us much good then, Ben, even if it was only 1/6 and 1/4.:rolleyes: I think if anything it really made a lot of our generation "Live for the moment" from then on.  It really brought on an eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die philosophy in the circles I moved in.  Really messed with our whole generation IMHO.

NBL post 10, I agree in priciple,however he was still a human being,one of us with different idea's,to quote from a book I read years ago and are no longer worthy of the book "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Rog

• Upvote 1

#16 Yes I have sinned a plenty in my time, stole sweets from the corner shop, shagged one girl while dating another and all the rest of the 'sins' we ordinary folks fall into and then some.

But I haven't stood thousands against a wall and shot them, I haven't kept a complete nation in a state of poverty whilst living the billionaire lifestyle, I haven't made thousand flee their home land in fear of their lives and imprisoned thousands of others.

Cast the first stone? Not me, given the chance I would have put a noose round his neck and gladly pulled the handle.

My last post on this thread I can see the way it's going

• Upvote 1