Forest Takeover

I've not heard too much lately about the pending takeover of the club by an American chap.

Has anyone heard anything about this. We can tune in to East Midlands news here in Lincs, but nothing on that either??

What's going on....?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well here we go again ! The takeover stumbles on and finally falls through. Yet another manager sacked, and we're currently half way through the January transfer window, so you can imagine where our 'best' players are going. Yes ! Out the door. No doubt to enhance the chances of our rival teams in the Championship. I think staying up will be classed as a major success this season. 

Roll on May,and let's get it over with. 

Well it's a funny old game as they say. The takeover grinds to a halt, the manager is sacked and we sell our best and most influential player. What happens....... We bleddy well win that's what !

A good point Lizzie. I'm sure that if we'd been beaten at home by a better team than BC, then what little confidence the players had left, would surely have been eroded even more. Also the fans would have been even more disgruntled and rebellious.

Its a win that hopefully will give them something to build on, and hopefully to climb up the table.

The play-offs..... Now wouldn't that be remarkable ! 

• 6 months later...

You Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeds !

How did a song about the southwest tip of the Kintyre Peninsula and why and when did "Mull of Kintyre" get to become the Forest "song"?

This is the "real" and only true Forest song from the days when we had a team to be proud of and didn't have a revolving door in the managers office.

I really hope that this season is going to be different, but realistically how can we expect a team that only avoided relegation on the last day of the season challenge for promotion? I  hope so but.................!

I have always found the Forest pre-match & half-time & goal celebration music which as been the same for years .... shite!

Not sure why they always play "Born Slippery" by "Underworld" just before kick off then "Mull of Kintyre" they always cut it short & we sing:

City Ground
Oh mist rolling in from the Trent
My desire is always to be here
Oh City Ground

Far have I travelled, and much have I seen
Goodison, Anfield, are places I've been
Main Road, Old Trafford, still echo the sound
Of the boys in the red from the City Ground

Then when a goal is scored "The Fratellis" "Chelsea Dagger" sack the DJ that what I say?

radfordred, You mean they don't have a band on at half time and some blokes in flat caps carrying a blanket around in front of the terraces for the fans to chuck their coins in.

Can't be true supporters if they've only been to Liverpool and Manchester and then, not recently.

The song for this season might be reworded as follows :-

Far I have travelled, and much have I seen

Deepdale, Oakwell, are places I've been

Griffin Park, Ashton Gate, still echo the sound

Of the boys in the red from the City Ground

Hopefully the original words can be reinstated at the end of the season and we have gained promotion.

• Upvote 1

I desperately want us to be singing Championeeeeeee !

1-0, we're top, let's now stay there !

• Upvote 1

Typical !

18 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

some blokes in flat caps carrying a blanket around in front of the terraces for the fans to chuck their coins in.

They don't encourage the fine art of chucking of coins, pool balls, stones, Chinese throwing stars, heavy pub tungsten darts, half bricks, ball bearings pinched from Raleigh & fireworks at football matches anymore, must be an elf & safety thing? Killjoys thats what it say? :crazy:

• Upvote 1