Hi my name is Susan Hill I'm new to this site and have joined hoping to find someone who knew my mother. Her name was Maureen mulligan later changed to Hill and was born to Kathleen and Arthur in April 1940 on Guthrie street Nottingham. My mum died when I was still quiet young and all other family have also passed. If there is anyone out there who knew my family I would live to hear from you. 

Welcome Winchester . 

Sorry didn't know the family but

just had a quick look on the Birth , Marriage records and can see a marriage for Arthur to a Kathleen Hill in 1936.

In 1939 they are living at 18 Guthrie Street . Next door at number 20 are a family of Hills .

Were these Kathleen's parents and siblings ?

There's a marriage for Maureen E Mulligan in 1964 to a Mr .Hamilton.

Next there's a marriage in 1971 for a Maureen E. Hamilton to  another Hill .....James W . Hill . 

I expect you know most of this .

Oh well the O.P. hasn't logged in since posing the question .

By coincidence , a lady on (ahem) a Facebook site , posted a few days ago that she used to live on Guthrie Street and had even managed to buy the old street sign that was for sale in a reclamation yard . She mentioned many families that lived on that street .

Oh right , probable first marriage was to (full name) ,   Anthony J. Hamilton in 1964 .

The family of Hills  living next door , at number 20 , Guthrie St,  in 1939 were almost certainly your grandmother Kathleen's (born 1915) parents  and some of their offspring .

They were :

George Hill born 1886

Edna Hill ( nee Asher) born 1883

Eva M. Hill born 1926

Harold Hill born 1924

These are some other Hill / (nee)Asher births in Nottm that may be connected :

George 1919

Mavis 1921

Raymond 1926

Hi that sounds about right Eva and Harold were my grandmothers brother and sister. I might have to sign up to ancestry.com. Thank you I did not even know my great grandparents names. I have lots of photos that were in my mothers house but I don't know who the people are in the pictures. Really frustrating trying to find out family history when there's nobody to ask. So thank you again for looking that up.