• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The English Dinner   Not for me the foreign dish, not my idea of feast,    The French, the Thai and others from, countries of the East. Garlic, chilli, spices, these the tongue's t

Didn't find an appropriate place to put this but thought this was the right place . ( foodwise)  This is my 95 almost mum just about to start on a pizza.   Not really it was a family size one

Made a few shepherds pies today to put in the freezer 1 Onion finely diced 3 Carrots,grated,fry off in pan,add Lamb mince and stir until thoroughly mixed with onion and carrot, 4 tables

11 hours ago, sue B 48 said:

mmmmm Limoncello got a taste for it when I was in Italy last year:biggrin:

It is delicious Sue and so easy to make. If you want the recipe just ask.

Sue recipes do vary. It's a few years since I made it and I can't find the original Limoncello one but the one I'm in the middle of making is as follows. 

This is what I made.

8 organic lemons

1 lt of 95 vol alcohol (or vodka)

Peel the lemons very thinly avoiding getting any white part . Put them into a container ( glass) and pour alcohol over and leave 8-10 days shaking the jars every day. 

Put 600 gr sugar into a pan with a litre of water and bring to boil without actually boiling.,stir to dissolve sugar and leave to cool slightly. Then add jar of alcohol with lemon peels to pan stirring to distribute everything leave to cool again. Strain and filter and bottle it. Place in freezer. Hoping this will make 3 bottles.

Sunday I'm making cream Limoncello.

The process is the same but milk and cream is added.

Good luck.

• Like 1