Singer George Michael

Good Lord, it's never ending. RIP George.

Still a week to go yet. What next ? 

On 26/12/2016 at 10:34 AM, philmayfield said:

Just shows how out of touch I am with popular culture. Didn't know he was British. Couldn't name any of his songs.  My pop knowledge terminated when the Beatles split.

You must lead a sheltered life phil.

It's not been the best of years that's for sure.  We lose well known personalities every year but those who've passed away this year have been on our television screens for most of our lives, we've grown up and grown 'old' with them, but sadly many have been taken far too young.    Roll on 2017

• Upvote 1

The advent of television is in the living memory of some.  The inception of the Internet is remembered by most adults.  The rise of social media has occurred since today's teenagers were born.  The consequence is that the sheer number of famous people continues to escalate.  This means that as each year passes, the number of 'celebrity' deaths will inevitably increase.

• Upvote 3

Far more worrying than the demise of the two-a-penny celebrities in my opinion is the predicted extinction of the cheetahs. Beautiful, noble creatures who are, yet again, threatened by the demands of increasing numbers of useless bl99dy humans. It will be a tragic day indeed if this happens. :angry:

• Upvote 4