Royle Family actress Liz Smith

I'm afraid 2017 will be no different Lizzie. The celebs we grew up watching or listening to are all nearing old age, and the younger generation are all reaching our ages. It's only when someone such as a monumental star as GM goes at 53, that it really sinks in. 

My favourites for passing this year are Ken Dodd, Bruce Forsyth and Nicholas Parsons. 

Yeah its getting boring now, move on, bet most never knew where Nottm was or even ever visited the place? 

What at about a tread for next year "Dead in 2017" put them all in there save some space or "look at me I was first to post/know quick boot me iPad up let me post it on Nottstalgia" feel free.

Calm down RR, or you'll be getting yourself into an early grave! 

A mate of mine ran a 'Dead Pool' at work, and we used to choose a candidate in the new year, and pay £1 a week into the pot, and the first chosen candidate to pass on enabled their participant to win the pot. 

• Upvote 2

She first came to prominence in the comedy series 'I Didn't Know You Cared' in the late 60's / early 70's . It was a fantastic programme, and very sharp and acerbic.

Yes, my dad knew Robin Bailey. A fine actor and a thoroughly nice chap by all accounts.