All going wrong

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Posted Images

Spoke to a friend of ours today who was at the Newcastle v Forest game. He's a very big Newcastle fan and far from gloating at the result he said that Forest had the better game.  We discussed the fact that Nottingham has two League clubs .....the oldest one and the red one that has supporters who only survive on past glories.   It's a real shame and yes they both need a massive input of cash but it's probably too late for County.

Hope not Lizzie.........Nottingham should be proud of having two league clubs,not many have outside London..............Manchester,Birmingham,Bristol,Sheffield..............anymore ?....edit Liverpool

1 point..... We beat Newcastle the other week. That's 3 points surely. Anyway, disgusting !

2 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

1 point..... We beat Newcastle the other week. That's 3 points surely. Anyway, disgusting !

Picked it up off the BBC feed. As I was at the match on Friday I should have remembered the fluke earlier in the month! My bad. 

Our son and grandson went to see the Cambridge United match this afternoon against Notts County.  They enjoyed it (of course) and said the result was justified - but I suppose they would, wouldn't they!

Someone has to take the blame I suppose.  Will a new manager make a difference, do you think?

I can't envisage any manager of quality and distinction taking on the Forest job. 

Some up and coming beginner may end up at Notts, but currently, we're both the laughing stock of the game.

The only saving grace yesterday was that the Stags won away at Blackpool, and that the Sheep were stuffed at Norwich. 

• 2 years later...

It has not started well for the Forest on the home front, losing 2-1 to Mansfield at Field Mill.

Yes I can hear the cries of "but it was only a friendly" maybe, but if you cant beat a team that is in the bottom tier of league football then I wonder what the new season holds? At home to WBA on Saturday and the week after away at Leeds

Just got my tickets for Saturday too. I not exactly brimming with confidence, but I think the new players will slot in OK. 

Not the best of starts for any of the Notts clubs.  Lizzie M being there did not help the Reds. The Stags drew 2-2 at Newport and County lost their first ever game in the National League and had two players sent off.

Saw Lizzie, and was hoping that she'd bring us some good luck. It wasn't to be.

I enjoyed the game despite the fact we lost to a better team.   This was the first time I’d been to a Forest game for well over 40 years, but the days of watching Joe Baker (zigger zagger) and Ian Storey-Moore (had his photo on my school jotter) 50 + years ago are my best memories.  Nowadays I haven’t got a clue who the players are and certainly can’t spell their names.  Let’s hope the team gels and they have a decent season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We'll get better, I'm convinced of that. Yes the names. Despite having a programme, I was dumbfounded.

• Like 1

Standing in the last throes of the East Stand... four year's season ticket, about 1981..Remember the car's driving around the outside of the pitch.. Toyota?

Presumably sponsors,  i recall them being mobile spitoons

If  memory serves i didn't partake myself!

I can remember the Toyota cars at the City Ground, HSR. Forest have started the season with a new manager and a number of new players. They'll need a little time to gel and I'm sure they'll improve with every game. I don't think they played too bad against West Brom and the two goals against them were goalkeeper errors.

• Upvote 1