All going wrong

It really does make me wonder how the essentially same team can completely turn things round in such a short time. Whatever Cooper is doing we can only hope that he keeps doing it. It would be good to have a season without relegation fears and some hope of a play off spot.

• Like 1
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Posted Images

Certainly was strange !

We are so used to Forest giving away last minute goals . 

• 1 month later...

What a great weekend for Nottinghamshire football.

It really is starting to go right for the reds, a 4-1 away win at Swansea now leaves them only four points from a play off place. It makes a change from struggling at the wrong end of the table. C'mon you Reds

County with a 4-1 win over Southend sees them further consolidate their play off position. Their next league game is away at top of the table Chesterfield. I hope it is a good game with no trouble from the fans. It will certainly test them and a win will help their chances of securing the automatic promotion spot. Go the Maggies

The Stags 2-1 win against Salford sees them only four points from a play off spot too, who would have thought it after their start to the season. Well done the Stags and their manager the Son of God.

• Like 1

Another good result and now on the edge of the playoffs. Difficult to believe this is mostly the same side that had such an awful record under the previous manager.

And to make me feel old, Leeds have named a 15 year old lad called Archie Gray on their substitute list for their match today. He’s the son of Andy Gray and grandson of Frank Gray! Both of whom played for Forest as well as Leeds.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Well up to now The Red Men are losing to Huddesfield. They could do with a manger shake up.

• 2 weeks later...

About 4:00am our time. If we could get it I'd be watching. Might get some coverage on BBC 5 live on the radio otherwise I'll just have to settle for looking at the score when I wake up.

Apparently no replays this year just extra time then penalties. Go You Reds!

Listened to it on the radio.

A win for the Reds and a draw in the cricket what a great weekend.

Leicester at home in the 4th round should be a cracker. Do't think I'd want to be any where near the City Ground on match day

• 4 weeks later...

Certainly did go wrong for Leicester and their so-called fans, one arrested for attacking Forest players on the pitch, and hopefully more arrests on the way for the morons who attacked a couple of city centre pubs full of people trying to enjoy a quiet Sunday lunch.

• 3 weeks later...

A good weekend for the Nottinghamshire clubs.

Forest - A good chance of making the play-offs. An automatic promotion spot looks beyond them. I hope the form in the FA Cup translates when it comes time for the play-offs and that it does not detract from the main objective. Huddersfield, who they play in the cup are a rival for promotion so that game may provide a pointer to their chances as they could well be playing them again to decide who goes up.

County - Currently holding a play-off spot but like Forest the automatic spot looks beyond them and they have a game in hand over most of their rivals. Still to play Chesterfield twice and they are away there and Solihull Motors in upcoming games. They do have what looks like an easier last three games which might help.

Stags - I think they are a chance for an automatic promotion spot with games in hand over all their rivals except Exeter. A tough away game against Tranmere coming up and are yet to play top of the table Forest Green Rovers twice one of which is the last game of the season at Field Mill. Should be interesting

9 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Forest - A good chance of making the play-offs. An automatic promotion spot looks beyond them.

For the best possible reasons I hope Forest don't get promoted this year; if they did, they'd probably do the old trick of coming back down straight away.

They should consolidate themselves this season, prove they can stay there, and then get promotion the following season.

Forest earned a creditable draw away against promotion rivals Sheffield United. Next is the cup against fellow promotion hopefuls Huddersfield Town. Come on you Reds a spot in the quarter finals would be great.

The stags had a good home win against promotion rivals Exeter City and are now in an automatic promotion spot with games in hand of the teams above them. Keep it up you Stags.

After their loss to Chesterfield County need to consolidate their place in the play off group and have difficult games coming up against Stockport, Solihull Moors and Chesterfield which will test them.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night was not such a good night for local clubs vying for a promotion/play off spot.

County were thumped 3-0 away at league leaders Stockport County

Stags lost 3-1 away to fellow promotion hopefuls Port Vale and used up a valuable game in hand for no return.

Forest play fellow play off contender QPR at the City Ground tonight, it is on a Sky channel for those that have it.

Time for my end of season predictions which are generally wrong but they make good talking points.

I've supported Notts for over 60 years through good and bad (mainly bad sorry to say). Happily my dad, uncle and grandfather enjoyed some great times following the Magpies and never saw them out the league. I just hope Notts can return to the Football League before I expire.

I think Notts might do it this season via the playoffs but I would say that wouldn't I?

I believe Forest have a bright future under Steve Cooper but are going to have to wait another season for lift off. I think their recent lack of consistency could well cost them a playoff place. 

I don't know why, but over the last few seasons Mansfield always seem to peter out towards the end of the season and it looks like they might well falter again. I think Nigel Clough has done a great job turning things round at the One Call but another season in League 2 beckons and I wonder if the Radfords are going to stick around.

Let's not forget Derby. I hope things come good for Wayne Rooney's lads. I've always liked WR even though he's behaved like a silly schoolboy in his private life. His attitude to all things football is admirable.

Forest supporters have been enjoying Derby's problems which have arisen from financial mismanagement but they've not been whiter than white at The City Ground and their Greek owner may yet get called out. I do hope not, it would be a huge shame for Forest to get back in the top flight and then get hit by a behind the scenes scandal.

One of my greatest pleasures is when all the local clubs are in action and the 90 minute roller coaster ride is in full swing be it on a Saturday afternoon or midweek. It must be so boring living in say Oxford where there's little or even no football rivalry at all. There's no doubt it really adds spice to the sport. Long may it continue at all levels of the game.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

A fantastic weekend for Notts football

Forest thumped Blackpool 4-1 away, sees them 1 point off a play off space with 1,2 or 3 games in hand over their rivals. They have yet to play the two top sides away from home but have what looks like an easier final game away against Hull. That woeful start to the season may well have cost them automatic promotion.

County had an impressive 3-0 away win against middle of the table Southend. With a not too difficult run in to the end of the season they should further consolidate their play off position unfortunately no hope of an automatic promotion spot but I really hope to see them back in the league.

Stags had a solid 1-0 home win against fellow promotion hopefuls Northampton and now firmly in a play off position with 1 or 2 games in hand over their immediate rivals. With their next two away games against the top and the bottom teams respectively and finishing at home against top of the table Forest Green Rovers an automatic promotion place looks realistic

On 4/5/2022 at 12:53 AM, denshaw said:

Nigel Clough is doing well with the Stags, they could be playing Derby next season.

Yes after a 4-0 away win at Scunthorpe the are now just 3 points from an automatic promotion spot with a game in hand over Port Vale who are just above them and look to have a more difficult end of season run in. The last game at home against Forest Green Rovers may well decide the automatic promotion spot

Forest had a good win against Brum and an automatic promotion spot is still mathematically possible the difficult last few games may only see them in the play offs.

County, hammered 5-1 away at Torquay what went wrong? Two games against bottom of the table Dover should help them maintain their place in the play offs