All going wrong

Forest keep their mathematical hope of automatic promotion alive after thumping WBA 4-0

Stags stumble 1-0 away against lowly Carlisle. Automatic promotion now looks like a forlorn hope.

County hold on to a play off spot by beating relegation threatened Kings Lynn Town 4-1 at Meadow Lane.

Relegation for the Rams is now certain after a 1-0 away loss to Dark Strangers could be a Stags vs Derby fixture next year, now that would be interesting.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Posted Images

What a rollercoaster!

Middle of September:

Played 7, Won 0, Draw 1, Lost 6 - one point after seven games and rock bottom of the Championship.

Seven months later:

Played 41, Won 20, Draw 11, Lost 11 - firmly in play-offs, with possibility of automatic promotion.

Only away team to win at CG this year - Liverpool.

Its hard work being a Forest fan!

• Upvote 1

Watching the game on Sky last night I kept seeing what looked like a laser light flashing around, anybody else see it? It could have been moths near the camera I suppose …… 

As the season draws to a close some interesting matches coming up. Good luck to all the local teams.

Forest -  Playing an already promoted Fulham away, middle of the table Swansea City at home and then away to second place AFC Bournemouth gives them a difficult end to the season and unfortunately I cannot see an automatic spot for them. That terrible season start has cost them the automatic promotion spot.

County - Home and away against Dover and away against relegation threatened Aldershot should see them get 9 points, enough to see them secure a play off spot

Mansfield - A home game against Stevenage should see them get 3 points but the last two games are far from certain. Away at play off rivals Salford City and then a final cracking home game against already promoted Forest Green Rovers might be the key to automatic promotion or the play offs. I'd love to be at that one.

Derby have been relegated,  the Imps look safe in league one and the Spireites look like they will join County in the play offs

When Forest were 7 games without a point at the beginning of the season and playing awful negative football you would never believe that they now hold a record for most shots on target in a game . It was mentioned in the Quest football show on Saturday :

"Seventeen shots on target today, they were electric," said pundit Ali Maxwell of Forest. "It was the most shots on target that any team has had in England's top four tiers this season.

Liverpool and Man City both had 15, they were the record holders.

Forest with the most shots on target in professional English football this season. They were unbelievable today. They let Swansea come on to them, they weren't fussed about that. Their shape was solid and they tore them to shreds in transition."

13 hours ago, DAVIDW said:

Forest with the most shots on target in professional English football this season.

I played football at a reasonable level and remember our coach always said to us 'It is not about possession, the number of corners, shots at goal or bad decisions by the ref. If you want the only statistic that matters. Look at the scoreboard"

It has got to go right for the Reds tonight at at AFC Bournemouth for automatic promotion to remain in the bounds of reality - Come on You Reds.

Stags whilst automatic promotion is still mathematically possible their last game is at home against already promoted Forest Green Rovers. We can only hope they are not too interested but the possibility of them going up as champions may make the difference. Stags automatic promotion rivals Northampton Town have a far easier final game that may see them clinch the spot. Stags other rival Bristol Rovers play already relegated Scunthorpe United and unfortunately the Stags goal difference is not in their favour if a surprise result pops up. Play-offs look most likely.

County - Good luck in the play-offs Come on You Maggies

Oh well. Still a chance via the play-offs. Could have done with VAR for that denied penalty decision, though.

The fact that Forest were even in the fight for automatic promotion after that awful start to the season is something they can be proud of.

2 hours ago, Rob.L said:

The fact that Forest were even in the fight for automatic promotion after that awful start to the season is something they can be proud of.

Yes Rob.L it has cost them dearly. Does anyone know when and the format of the play-offs

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Does anyone know when and the format of the play-offs

Google is your friend @Oztalgian

Soulless, lifeless, corporate Premierships not all its cracked up to be, especially for us fans who turn up @ the gates, I’d take 7th in the Championship beat D***y home & away, until the day I pop my clogs :crazy:

3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Google is your friend

Yes, I read it on a football website. The team finishing 3rd plays the team finishing 6th starting on Friday May 13th and  4th play 5th in home and away fixtures the two winners then going on to play in the final at Wembley on May 29th. By the time that is all over it will nearly be the start of the new season. I wonder which plonker thought this up. Oops i forgot its about money not football. Just promote the top 3 teams and get on with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Disappointed that not one Notts club gained automatic promotion. So bring on the play offs

County yet to play their final game of the season away at Maidenhead. They already have a secure play off place with games being played on May 25th and June 5th it is not yet clear who their opponents will be.

Forest play Sheffield United away on Sat 14th May and at home on Wed 18th May.

Stags play Northampton on Sun 15th May at home and away on Thurs 19th May.

It is going to be a tough ask for anyone of them to gain a promotion place but here's hoping for all of them.

I am a 60+ years Forest supporter but if I could pick only one it would be County returning to the football league. Come on you Maggies.

• Like 1

Good result for the Reds away against the Blades, should stand them in good stead for getting to the final

Stags had a 2-1 win at home against Northampton might be a bit sticky for them in the second leg, good luck to them

County, yet to play the final game of the season.

I remember when the FA Cup Final was always the last game of the season. The game was nowhere to be found on FTA TV here in OZ. Another final settled by a penalty shoot out, what a load of ballcocks. Another Americanisation of our great game, wont be long before they introduce time outs for the morons with limited attention spans.

Having watched both, superb end to end entertaining play off 1st leg followed by one of the most boring FA Cup finals I’ve ever witnessed, 90 minutes was more than enough, scouses booing the National Anthem, talk about bite the hand that feeds them. 

• Like 3

Agree Red what a boring Cup Final..........largely lost my love of football......but watching todays women's final was how football used to be.............no feigning injurys...no Histrionics of any kind...just good end to end football...not even any spitting

Thank-you ladies...plus some great skill...you are rekindling my love of the once great game...........

• Like 1
8 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

.but watching todays women's final was how football used to be

I'd have to say it is the same for womens' cricket too Ben, played in the spirit it was intended to be and the female commentators are so much better than the old has beens telling war stories and ignoring the game.

• Like 2

Wished ladies cricket was around when I was knee high to a grass-hopper.   Years and Years ago my father had trial's to play for Nottinghamshire and he passed and was accepted. Due to just been married he could not accept due to poor wagers that cricket's were paid. My brother and myself grew up with cricket also we had  an Australin cricket bat, that my dad had brought home, (war reminder) Each Sunday went we went on a picnic the cricket bat came with us.   When we started playing one or two children ask if they could join us, and before long the childrens dads had joined us and guess what We had or own cricket team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
17 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Wished ladies cricket was around when I was knee high to a grass-hopper

It certainly was Mary1947 on my wives side of the family she had two aunts who played for Notts womens team one as a wicketkeeper the other as a bowler. They both worked  at Players and lived in the Lenton area of Nottingham.

Hi OZ

Thanks for info,  maybe I was too young at the time to appreciate cricket in those days.  When you attended school all the girls played in sport was, school board which was like rounder's and Hockey and that was it.

When I  finally  reached teenage years, it was down to the ice rink no not to skate ( well we did that as well)

but to see what boys were available .  It's only that as I  have got older that i  like watching cricket.  Went to Melbourne  in Australia watched  the cricket on boxing day.  It was nice siting in the sun.

2 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Went to Melbourne  in Australia watched  the cricket on boxing day.  It was nice siting in the sun.

Wow Mary. You got to worship the cricket gods at the MCG on Boxing Day, something that so many Australians aspire to do. It is a fantastic stadium when filled to capacity. I put that on par with watching the Sydney Hobart yachts sail out of the Heads at Sydney, also on Boxing Day, from a vantage point on South Head with some crisp white wine or a beer and some prawns.

• Like 1