All going wrong

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Posted Images

It is a BIG weekend for local football with two of the local teams playing for promotion at Wembley.

On Saturday the Stags take on Port Vale. They drew 1-1 at Field Mill in October, lost 3-1 away in March. On that form Port Vale have to be favourites but I hope the Stags recent form holds them in good stead.

On Sunday Forest take on Huddersfield. Forest beat Huddersfield 2-0 away in the league in September, lost 1-0 at home in December and beat them 2-1 at the City ground in the 5th round of the cup. It is going to be a close one and I hope Forest come away with the win that takes them back to the premier league.

Just wish I could watch the games live on Sky Football but it is not available in Aus.

All over for the Stags, comprehensively beaten by Port Vale. No promotion this year.

Been listening on a local radio station and will be doing the same tomorrow.

it is 2:30 am of to sleep now.

Come on you Reds

Just a thought, hope Radford Red’s travel plans haven’t come unstuck and he makes it home for his Wembley outing,  with so much chaos at airports this weekend.   You Redssssss! 

• Like 2
On 5/24/2022 at 11:59 AM, Jill Sparrow said:

I hope it's all going wrong for that idiot footballer who has been prosecuted for ill treating his cat. He'd be hanging up by his testicles if I had my way.

The footballer Zouma has received 180 hours community service and banned from keeping cats for 5 years.

Remember as a kid 70,s my mate chris radford was mad on nottm forest,  me having no knowledge of football went along with him , as the players were getting off the coach , chris said get as many autographs as you can , i ran up to a smart dress guy near the coach and said gizz yer autograph mate , he replied you can have it if you want i am the coach driver, i believe Mckay was the manager at the time !

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well if our new signing Awoniyi can play like this at Forest next season,  could be exciting ! 

All 2021/22 goals :

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Forest - First win against the Hammers at home and almost a capacity crowd. I'd be well satisfied if they consolidate a mid table spot by the end of the season. Next is away at Everton and then a home game against Spurs that will certainly be a measure of their future.

County - Top of the table with a solid goal difference. I would dearly like to see them there at the end of the season. Next is an away game at Gateshead and then a rather interesting "local" home derby against Chesterfield.

Stags - Certainly not the start they had hoped for but two home games to come should see them improve their position, if not, then you would have to wonder what has gone wonky during the off season.

• Like 2

Football Update - Thoughts from afar

Forest - Ahead of both Manchester United and Liverpool in the table. It would be good if it was that way at the end of the season. Away at Everton on Saturday if they are to consolidate in the EPL they must get at least a draw with an outside chance of an away win from this one

County - Disapointing away draw against lowly placed Gateshead. I know the maxim of win at home draw away still holds good but when you are up against lowly opposition you really have to win these games. At home against second placed Spireites on Saturday, should be an interesting game.

Stags - Thumped AFC Wimbledon 5-2 at Field Mill last night, at home to lowly Stockport County on Saturday and should see them further improve their standing

• Like 1

Sports Report -Cue the music

Forest - A solid away draw at Goodison Park,  Forest took the lead late in the second half but Everton equalised in the last two minutes of normal time. Forest's manager claimed that they should have. Everton's manager did the same for them.

Forest face a couple of stern challenges in their next two games with 2nd place Spurs at home and then 3rd placed Man City away. They should be crackers of games and to come away with some points would be a bonus.

County - A good fightback to gain a draw after going two goals down but Meadow Lane should always be three points if they are to return to the league ranks but on the positive side they are yet to be beaten. Next game is away at bottom of the table Halifax which needs to be a win and then third placed Solihull Moors at home.

Stags - All the goals were scored in a three minute period in the second half after the Stags went behind in then 53rd minute. 7,000 were on hand to see what was an expected win but it should have been more emphatic as goal difference may well come into play at the end of the season. Two away games coming up against mid table Sutton United and a local derby against Doncaster just a few miles up the road, a difficult one given that Doncaster look like promotion rivals.

• Like 1

Football Post, Football News - Come and Get it

Forest - Losing at home to Spurs is not a disaster but lack of converting chances into goals is starting to become a worry.

I listened to the game on the beeb. It sounded like Kane was a bit lucky with the first goal after 5 minutes. Forest's 'keeper Henderson kept them in the game when he saved a penalty from Kane just after half time and made several other good saves. Forest applied plenty of pressure and it was only until the second Kane goal that the game seemed beyond them. I hear that Forest are looking to sign another defender on loan but from that performance they desperately need a goal poacher. I wonder if they should be playing Lingard as an out and out striker. A mid-week away game against Manchester City will again test the Reds, holding out hope for a point from that one.

County - A 4-1 away win at lowly Halifax Town boosted the Maggies goal difference which may be vital at the end of the season. A sterner test home to unbeaten Solihull Moors awaits on Monday evening.

Stags - Their woeful away form continued with a 2-1 loss to Sutton United. After three games they have yet to register an away point and that is certainly not promotion form.

A quick comment on some other "local" teams

Lincoln City - Have become a draw banker on the pools with yet another draw, now 4 draws from 6 games

Derby County - A solid home win against promotion hopefuls Peterborough United see them in a play off spot

Chesterfield - Unbeaten as yet with a solid 3-1 home win against promotion rivals Barnet currently 3rd in the table.

• Like 1

I agree Forest need a "goal poacher" .

Watched the highlights on M.O.D. last night and surprised Surridge wasnt brought on sooner .

Worrying thing is they seem to be signing yet another midfielder and another centre back and don't seem to be addressing the goal scoring problem but got to have faith in Cooper .

11 hours ago, DAVIDW said:

don't seem to be addressing the goal scoring problem but got to have faith in Cooper .

Is it Cooper that is calling the shots on signings? I hope the newbies start to gel soon and score some goals otherwise it could be a difficult season.

• Like 1

Late Final Extra... 

County - a solid 1-0 home win against fellow promotion contenders Solihull Moors in front of 7,000 fans. (Stags average attendance is 6,500) and they have the best goal difference among the top group. Saturday sees them away against mid table Dagenham and Redbridge.

• Like 1

Great news about Forest...........eleven British players in their last game.......the only side in the Premiership with this..........

• Like 3