LOST FOREST 0

WON MAN CITY 6

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Posted Images

It was tough, I could smack that Haaland in the gob!   Never mind, Forest were playing one of the best teams in the World, there won’t be many games as difficult as that one.  

1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

OH!! DEAR OH!!! DEAR

I'll add another OH DEAR! to that one Mary.

Forest manager said his players will learn from the mistakes made in their 6-0 defeat by Manchester City.

My comment is "They had bl**dy well better and quickly" If this is the result of the possible 20 new signings and mega pounds in transfer fees then something is wrong recruitment wise. I know we have to give them time to gel as a unit but if things don't change quickly it is going to be a very long season.

Despite the much vaunted midfield and defensive signings City had 75% of the possession and Forest they leaked goals at regular intervals throughout the game, including a first half hat trick from Erling Braut Haaland. Of even more concern is another game without a goal and with only one shot on target Forest now have the second worst goal difference in the EPL which may be vital if a relegation battle happens. Next Saturday's home game against fellow strugglers AFC Bournemouth looms as a must win game (AFC Bournemouth have the worst goal difference of -14 against the -9 of Forest.

• Like 1

It was painful to watch. The result was a foregone conclusion but the score line.....!

I was looking for signs from Forest with the new signings etc but saw none. A shock and a bit of reality against the big boys will hopefully have a positive effect. They really must score a few against Bournemouth next trip and regain a bit of confidence.

Forest - Giving away a half time 2-0 lead to lose 2-3 at home to a team that was beaten 9-0 by Liverpool a week ago is a major cause for concern. It now leaves them second from bottom 3 points above Leicester who have a game in hand and a better goal difference. A Leicester away win at Brighton, although unlikely, would see Forest at the bottom of the table. From being all over Bournemouth in the first half Forest seemed to give up after Phillip Billings 30 yard thunderbolt (a Bobby Charlton special) hit the back of the net. Steve Cooper said "It was a disapointing day" I hope he said more than that in the dressing room afterwards. I have yet to understand Forest's off season recruitment strategy. They did have a cohesive, committed  team  and when they came up against Premier league teams in the cup acquitted themselves well. Next game is away at Leeds and I would be surprised if that yielded any points.

County - The Maggies smashed five past Dagenham and Redbridge, including a Langstaff hat trick, in an away win that further boosted their goal difference. Next a home game against promotion hopefuls Bromley. The following planned home game against lowly Aldershot has been postponed, Covid?

Stags - Notch up their first away points with a solid 3-1 away win at Doncaster in front of a crowd of just short of 9,000, of which 3,000 traveled from Mansfield. Two difficult home games against Bradford and Carlisle coming up.

• Like 1

From his post-match comments, Cooper seems to realise that he has to be a bit more radical in his tactics, and a bit more ruthless in player selection. Are the likes of Worrall, Yates and Cook good enough for the Premiership?

It may take a few more games for the new players to mesh, and for him to establish tactics that suit, but I’m hopeful that they’ll start to produce results soon.

Unfortunately the tactics seem to be echoes of Houghton . Get a couple of goals then sit back and put on extra backs or midfielders , instead of increasing the firepower and keeping the opposition pinned in their own half . Why didn't he use Dennis ? 

Maybe he is too loyal to the championship players that got us up that can't quite cut it in the Prem.

8 hours ago, DAVIDW said:

Maybe he is too loyal to the championship players that got us up that can't quite cut it in the Prem.

Is it that or maybe the expensive signings are not as good as they thought. Does seem a bit of a replay of earlier year and anyone who does not show commitment or passion to the Garibaldi Red should be slung out regardless of cost.

• Like 1

Computer says "NO".

After 6 games , super computer  predicts a less than 1% chance of winning league ! .....oh and also finishing bottom . 

Be interesting to see how it pans out !

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

Football News

County - Still unbeaten after a 2-0 win at home against lowly Aldershot Town and now in 3rd place behind Chesterfield and Wrexham. They play Dorking Wanderers away on Saturday

Stags - Disappointing scoreless home draw against mid table Carlisle United. Next up away against Gillingham

Forest - 2nd from the bottom they play 10th placed Fulham at home on Friday night. Fulham have not won away yet this season so Forest really need to win this one.

• Like 1

Oh dear! another example of collapso football by conceding 3 goals in 5 minutes leading to another 2-3 home defeat.

It is becoming embarrassing with all that money (millions) spent on the midfield and defenders and can only come up with results like this. Super Cooper's tenure must be looking a little wobbly. Next game is away at bottom of the table Leicester and if The Foxes win it will see Forest firmly at the bottom. After that it is at home to Aston Villa and away to Wolves, fellow cellar dwellers. They need to get at least 6 points from these three games as the games after that are against top 10 teams.

WELL!!!!! what can one say!!!

FT     0 Grimsby town 

3  NOTTM  FOREST

FT      0    Nottm Forest

2 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

FT    U'mmm 6 MANCESTER CITY

0  Nottingham  Forest

FT                 2 Forest

3 FULHAM

Least  said soon mended   ??????

There's still some odd team selection mysteries . 

O'Brian  who had been the standout player in earlier games was on the bench . 

My son watched the match via some Saudi tv station and said as soon as O'Brian came on as a sub, there was an immediate improvement in the team performance . 

The only player who has scored goals in the Prem before, I.e. Dennis , only on for 5 mins in the last two games , with little chance of even getting a kick .

Of course we don't know what goes on in the dressing room or on the training pitches , maybe Cooper has his reasons ? 

Late Final Results

County - lose their unbeaten record and go down 3-1 away to Dorking Wanderers. After equalising just after half-time County held it at 1-1 until the 90th minute and then again in extra time when Dorking's James McShane completed his hat-trick. Next game away against promotion hopefuls York City.

Stags - Now moved into a play-off position after a solid 0-2 away win at stuggling Gillingham. Both goals coming in the first half. Next league game is away at Crewe.

Other "local" teams

Chesterfield - Still riding high, unbeaten, at the top of the table 3 points ahead of County

Derby - A come from behind win at home against Wycombe sees them just out of the play-off spots

Lincoln - Hammer Bristol Rovers away 3-6 with a Jack Diamond hat-trick. Having beat Derby 2-0 in the previous game they are now 1 point behind the Rams in 8th position

Doncaster - Lose 0-1 at home to Swindon

• Like 1

Football Post

Forest - No game until 3rd October, rumblings of discontent seem quiet. Away against Leicester on 3rd Oct. I hope the fans behave and don't spoil a local derby against the two bottom clubs.

County - great away win 1-3 against York City who are also promotion hopefuls and a brace from Langstaff who has scored 12 goals already this season! How long before the big clubs come looking? Forest need a striker that can find the back of the onion bag! Two home games coming up, firstly against lowly Altrincham and then against Wrexham who are just above County in 2nd place.

Stags - A solid 1-2 come from behind away win at Crewe who are midfield in the table. Friday sees them at home against bottom of the table Hartlepool who have yet to win a game, surely a home banker. Tuesday 4th October sees an interesting home game in the EFL Trophy in a match against the Rams. The press is reporting that Stags have brought forward the kick-off time of home matches from 3:00pm to 1:00pm from mid October to save on the costs of using the floodlights. Is it really that bad in the UK?

• Like 1

Friday Nights Result

Stags squander points against lowly Hartlepool at Field Mill.

Hartlepool come from behind with a 2-2 draw that Stags manager warned was certainly no "gimme". He was right, full points would have seen them in an automatic promotion spot depending on other results. A chance wasted