All going wrong

County - Langstaff scores a hat-trick in a 3-1 home win against relegation threatened Altrincham in front of a crowd of nearly 6,500. I have said before how long before the big guys come knocking for this goal scoring machine, he has now scored 15 goals this season. Wonder if a trip across the Tent is in the offing? Tuesday night's home game against Wrexham who are two points above them in top place should be a cracker. Get on down to Meadow Lane and support the Maggies!

Forest - Play Leicester away on Monday night in the battle of the cellar dwellers followed by Aston Villa at home a week later.

• Like 1
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Posted Images

Oh dear! a thousand times. It is going wrong big-time. All those million-pound midfielders and defenders and they let four in and they still cannot score. On recent form Super Cooper cannot have long left at the City Ground.

Forest by being thumped 4-0 at Leicester leaves them at the bottom of the table with a minus 15 goal difference. 6 goals for and 21 against and it really tells the story of the season so far.

The opposition fans will be justifiably singing this to the tune of "Happy Birthday" 

Relegation to you, relegation to you, relegation dear Forest, relegation to you.

• Like 1

Mid-week news

County - Langstaff scores again as the Maggies beat Wrexham 1-0 at home in front of a crowd just short of 11,000, including 2,000 who made the trip from Wrexham, to go top of the table. Well done to the fans of both clubs.

Stags beat the Sheeples 6-5 on penalties in the Papa John's Trophy game at Field Mill after the game finished 1-1 at full time.

• Like 1
On 10/3/2022 at 11:33 PM, Oztalgian said:

The opposition fans will be justifiably singing this to the tune of "Happy Birthday" 

Relegation to you, relegation to you, relegation dear Forest, relegation to you.

I would pay double/treble for my 47 year season ticket if the away fans sang that but in a very posh accent

face-with-tears-of-joy_1f602.png face-with-tears-of-joy_1f602.pngface-with-tears-of-joy_1f602.pngface-with-tears-of-joy_1f602.png

• Like 1

And in other local good news, Basford United of the Southern League progressed to the next round of the FA Cup for the first time ever by beating National League North’s Boston United on penalties.

Next up, Solihull Moors of the National League.

• Like 2

County - A brace by Cedwyn Scott gives County a welcome 2-3 away win against fellow promotion hopefuls Woking. An 87th minute penalty goal for Woking made the score look closer than they deserved after County were comfortably ahead 1-3 at half time. County are now one point clear of Wrexham at the top of the table after beat Barnet 7-5 at home in front of 10,000 fans at the Racecourse Ground. I would like to have seen that match. Next weeks game is at home against Coalville Town in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup

Stags - Further consolidated their spot in the play-off positions, now only 3 points from an automatic promotion place, with a 0-1 away win against Barrow. Next week home against mid table Walsall

Forest Play Aston Villa at home on Monday evening, here's hoping for a massive improvement or it could be Cooper's swansong.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, radfordred said:

the big fat Greek just given super Cooper a new contract

Why? 

I wonder who made the decision to spend 150 mil on all those underperforming players. Is he hoping for another miracle on the Trent? I am now waiting for the statement of doom, "The board has full confidence in Cooper"

Having said that the mooted replacements do not inspire any confidence.

I too am very surprised the Greek owner has given Cooperman a new contract. I really thought he would be gone after the Leicester result. 
I suspect he feared a fans revolt if he'd fired him. I take my hat off to the Forest faithful who've stood by SC and his team during their awful start to Premiership life. Will it all come good?

Tonight v Villa couldn't be a better time to get Forest on the up again.

You've got to laugh at this.

On 2/26/2019 at 4:09 PM, radfordred said:

Good win & good atmosphere which made a change, not really sure about O'Neills tactics or style of play. would be happy to finish 7th every year not interested in the souless premiership, I like this this division. 

Town was buzzing early doors Cross Keys & Royal Children especially, no trouble with the sheep abusers they never made it into town, we walked them back to the train station & waved them goodbye. 

I'm sticking with my statement from 2019 "I'm more that happy to finish 7th in the Championship beat the sheep home & away until the day I pop my clogs" 

Yes @Messfan power won, I expect he will be sacked within the next 2 to 4 games, but let's hope the contract extension means he will get a monster pay out, which he deserves & we can get back to enjoying championship football. 

Tonight under the lights @ the world famous city ground the atmosphere will be electric, it's more than football. 

• Like 1

Forest move off the bottom with a 1-1 home draw against Aston Villa. After taking the lead in the 15th minute Forest conceded an equaliser 7 minutes later and after that it appeared to be a pretty lack lustre match with only 5 shots on target despite a near capacity crowd cheering the Reds on.

Next game is away at Wolves who are just above them in the ladder, they have only scored 3 goals all season, the worst record in all four tables in the league. If they get a new manager will it lift them enough to beat Forest?

County - Lose 2-3 at home to Coalville Town, who are 5th in the Southern League Premier Division, in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round. Not sure if they played a full-strength team. Next home game is Friday night against lowly Maidstone who are in a relegation spot.

Stags - Beat mid table Walsall 2-1 at Field Mill. Now only one point from an automatic promotion spot with a game in hand over Northampton who are above them in the table. Next game away at relegation threatened Crawley Town.

Last because they are last Forest - Woeful Forest lose 1-0 away to Wolverhampton Wanderers. I listened to the game on the steam radio even the commentators were bemoaning the fact that the Forest players did not have the skills to compete at this level which seems to vindicate the sacking of the Head of Recruitment and the Head Scout who spent 150 million quid on 22 players with absolutely no return on investment. When are some of the players going to be cleared out. The first half was uninspiring the game had a bit of life in it with the second half having two VAR penalties, one for Wolves who scored and one for Forest who missed. The last 20 minutes was all Forest but yet again they failed to convert. Tuesday night sees a trip to the seaside, away against Brighton.

In the words of Private James Frazer from Dad's Army "We're doomed!" and "Rubbish"

• Like 3

noblueNOTTINGHAM FOREST 

County made 8 changes including 2 debuts. Still no excuse. Coalville did the business on the day.

As for Forest, not sure what anyone can say. 
 Regarding their numerous signings, I wonder how many are actually the choice of the manager? Also, apparently four of these signings were loaned out to other teams. Why? 

• Like 1

It's hard to understand how quickly the euphoria of last season's promotion has worn off at the City Ground although I'm sure the Greek owner isn't as miffed as some might think. As we all know being in  the top flight brings in huge amounts of revenue and even the parachute payment that is paid out if you're relegated isn't to be sniffed at.

However there appears to be one huge fly in the ointment I believe. The wage bill. It must be huge but, that again might suit Mr Marinakis for reasons you'll have to work out for yourselves.

Forest's season seems to be going from bad to worse with not much chance of things improving in the short term at least.

Some supporters are saying they'd rather be doing well in the Championship than getting stuffed nearly every week in the Premiership. That's a very telling statement about Forest's true level. The glory days of Brian Clough are a very distant memory and I'm not sure if they'll ever return.

14 hours ago, Mess said:

The wage bill. It must be huge but

What I don't understand was the "need" to bring in 22 new, supposedly better, players than those that took them to promotion. The Championship players did well whenever they came up against Premier League teams and I wonder why they were not given any chance to prove themselves at the higher level. To date the 150 million quid players and the wage bill that goes with them have yet to show any value for money. Cooper says that they need time to gel as a group but if they don't do it soon survival may be a bridge to far and as a Forest fan for 68 years that would be sad having regained the elite level.

Easy to understand we only had Johnson McKenna Yates Worral Colback left after the on lone players Zinckeragel Garner Spence Lowe Davis all returned & Samba & Grabban wanted out, the rest where squad players or out of contract :crazy: 

Can't see us getting a point from the next five so fingers crossed we should be down with the Christmas trimmings  

On 10/17/2022 at 2:07 PM, radfordred said:

Can't see us getting a point from the next five so fingers crossed we should be down with the Christmas trimmings  

A point with a creditable 0-0 draw away at Brighton lifts them temporarily off the bottom.

With less than 33% of the possession only three shots, none on target and only one corner kick shows what a good defensive effort it was but yet again no goals.

Home against Liverpool next and then away to Arsenal will make it very difficult to improve their position.

I was listening on Talksport on edge !

Would have been even more unbelievable if Johnson's last minute punt into an open goal from 30 yards had gone in .......especially with them only having 25% of possession .

Watched it on BT Sport in glorious 4K. Can but hope that the team is coming together and can move up the table.

It’s good to see the City Ground bogey is still there for Liverpool in the league.

And even if Johnson had put that ball in the net, it would have been ruled out for offside.

• Like 2