All going wrong

What a weekend 

County - Consolidate their position at the top of the table with a resounding 3-0 home win against relegation threatened Maidstone United and that man Langstaff scores again. A good crowd of 6,765 went along, well done you Maggies fans.

Away against mid table Wealdstone on Tuesday night and then home to bottom of the table Torquay next weekend.

Stags - Suffered a disappointing 3-2 away loss at lowly Crawley Town sees the 4 points outside an automatic promotion place. Tuesday evening sees them at home against Newport County with a 7:45 pm kick off after their experiment with an earlier start against Walsall to save the cost of floodlights. Home against Swindon who are one place below them in the table next Saturday.

Forest - In their first win since August Forest surprise Liverpool with a 1-0 win at the City ground. Forest had only 25% of the possession. Henderson was busy in the final moments with some fine saves and against the run of play Brennan Johnson hit the post from long range against an empty goal. Three unexpected points, well done Forest! It lifts them from the bottom with Leicester away at Wolves today. To come away with even one point from Arsenal next weekend would be a huge bonus

• Like 1
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Posted Images

County - Slam 6 past Wealdstone in a 1-6 away win in which 6 different players scored. Langstaff started the rout by scoring in the 3rd Minute. Home against bottom of the table Torquay on Saturday

Stags - A disapointing 0-0 home draw against Newport County last night leaves them 4 points out of an automatic promotion spot with a game in hand. Home against promotion hopefuls Swindon on Saturday, should be quite a test

Forest - Firmly anchored to the bottom after Leicester put four past Wolves. Next game is away at Arsenal, any return from that would be a bonus.

Other "local" teams

Derby - A scoreless draw away against Exeter last night keeps them in 10th place 

Lincoln - A 0 -1 away win at Barnsley last night sees them just behind Derby on goal difference comfortably in mid table

Doncaster - Lost 0-1 at home to Stevenage last night now firmly in the middle of the table

Chesterfield - Right in the middle of the play-off pack drew 1-1 away at York last night.

Sure I speak for those living in Nottingham, I’ve never looked or classed Lincoln Doncaster & Chesterfield as local teams or looked for their results? 

Now the sheepshaggers booed off last night can’t see Paul Warne lasting long, fingers crossed he takes them down another devision :yahoo:

The site is called Nottstalgia not Nottinghamstalgia

Derby is only 16 miles from Nottingham,

Lincoln is 40 miles, just over 1 hour away and they have/had followers on this site

Doncaster via the A60 and A614, well know local roads is 46 Miles away only 75 minutes. I played against the great comedian Charlie Williams when he played football for them.

Chesterfield is 42 minutes and only 26 miles.

Mansfield, 15 miles from Nottingham is Nottinghamshire's second largest town and only 12 miles from Chesterfield and 34 to Doncaster. I'd call that local

When I followed Forest back in the 60s trips to see them play West Midlands clubs, teams in Sheffield and just over the Pennines were almost considered local derbies and most were two hours away at the furthest.

I too hope the Rams slide down another division but sadly I can't see that happening.

• Like 2

County - Thump bottom of the table Torquay United 4-0 in front of 7,500 fans, with two goals in each half at Meadow Lane. It keeps them 3 points clear at the top. Two hard games against promotion contenders follow. Home vs Bromley on Tuesday evening and then next Tuesday away at Southend.

Stags - Stumble out of a play-off position with a 2-5 home drubbing by Swindon Town. With scores at 2 all at half time Stags concede 3 in the second half after playing for 30 minutes with 10 men, Boateng being sent off for a second bookable offence.

Forest - Wishful thinking, a win at Arsenal would take them clear of the relegation places.

• Like 1

A draw for Forest tomorrow would be an outstanding result for them. I personally think that Arsenal will win easily but I never cease to be surprised by Steve Cooper's Forest.

Notts are on an excellent run at the moment but Wrexham are hot on their heels. It's not far off a two horse race although Southend might yet come good and Notts have to go there a week on Tuesday. 

I don't think Clough junior will get Mansfield up this season. They are far too inconsistent. I do wonder if the Radfords will stick with him for much longer.

• Like 2

Mess please have some faith in the Red Men

""""COME ON YOU REDS"""

Normal service has been resumed.

Sorry Mary1947 but I did think Forest would struggle against a quality side like Arsenal.
The harsh reality is that at the moment they are nowhere near good enough.
It's men against boys at the Emirates this afternoon with Forest looking like rabbits in the headlights as the Gunners sweep them aside.
Bleddy shame Lodi had to nobble Saka as Forest desperately tried to get back into the game.
Last weeks win against Liverpool was sadly, a false dawn. There's something amiss with Liverpool at the moment. Kloop looked very rattled after last night's home defeat to Leeds.
I think it's highly unlikely that Forest will stay up this season but Cooper achieved a minor miracle last season so who knows? All I know is that Lingard was a waste of money.
I've read many Forest fans saying they'd rather be a top Championship side than a lower end Premiership one. In most of their games this season Forest have looked like a mid table Championship side.
There's still a long way to go I know but Steve Cooper should be knighted if he manages to keep Forest up.

i send my apology to you Mess. You can't have faith if hearts not in the game.     I just keep seeing "Forest"as  Champions again, One day there  might be another Glough!

No need for apologies Mary1947 it's just such a shame after Coopers outstanding achievements last season that this season looks like being a huge anticlimax.

If the owner is still happy to spend then maybe just maybe some judicious signings in January might turn the tide.

Lingard had another poor game today I read. I can't respect players who just chase the money. I wonder how much really committed players like Yates earn?

Let's hope the next two games bring a few points.

Forest - Well and truly tonked by Arsenal 5-0

Can't defend, can't attack, can't score but other than that Forest are a good team.

Surely something must happen now. Millions spent on players that are proving second rate and probably would not get a run in a championship side. When they are relegated I fear for their tenure in the championship as this is destroying all confidence within the club and cannot continue.

Forest - Share the points with a 2-2 home draw against Brentford. The point was not enough to lift them off the bottom of the table and they were lucky when a 90min +6 own goal by Brentford levelled the score.

That horrendous goal difference, unless improved, may well be the difference between relegation and safety at the pointy end of the season.

Stags - Progress to the 4th round of the FA Cup with a solid 0-1 away win against promotion rivals Barrow who incidentally they beat by the same score away at the beginning of October. Another stiff challenge against Bradford awaits back in the league on Tuesday evening.

County - No game this weekend, away at Southend on Tuesday evening.

• Like 1

Mansfield Town - The FA Cup Second Round draw sees Stags away at Hillsborough against League 1 (the old division 3) promotion hopefuls Sheffield Wednesday. A replay is probably the best we can hope for and then get them back at Field Mill. The game is scheduled for Saturday 26th November. Come on you Stags

County - A creditable 2-2 away draw against promotion rivals Southend United with that man Macauley Langstaff scoring again to open Notts account. Unfortunately the draw was not enough to keep them in top spot as Wrexham were 1-3 away winners at Scunthorpe and take over the top spot from County. Away to another tough game at Eastleigh on Saturday.

Mansfield slip further down the ladder with a 1-2 home loss against fellow promotion hopefuls Bradford City. They could not salvage a draw despite only playing against 10 men for the last 15 minutes of the game with Bradford having had Matthew Platt sent off. Two away games coming up against lowly placed opponents should see them on the improve.

Forest - Beat spurs 2-0 at the City Ground in the Carabao Cup, the old Football League Cup, despite having Orel Mangala sent off in the 75th minute. It is hard to say if Forest fielded a full strength team as the line up this year has been far from settled. Can't comment on Spurs line up as I don't know the usual players but a win should be good for their confidence.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

Yeah but Forest beat Spurs tonight!  And Lingard is actually doing something now.

Reports are saying that Lingard gets 80,000 quid a week salary and can earn up to another 120,000 quid in bonuses. He scored his first goal for Forest last night and was substituted in the 78th minute. Who would say that that is good value?

Forest - Head into the World Cup break in 18th place after a 1-0 win at the City Ground against mid table Crystal Palace. The Reds only had two shots on target, 9 in total and possession for only 32% of the game. Henderson did not have to make a save in the Forest goal. 29, 000 fans were in attendance just short of a capacity crowd. The Reds do not play again until 20 Dec when they meet Blackburn away in the Carabao Cup and then away at Old Trafford after Christmas.

County - Back to the top of the National league with a solid 0-2 away win at Eastleigh. At this stage of the season it is looking like a battle between the Magpies and the Red Dragons for the automatic promotion spot. Next week sees them home against lowly Yeovil.

Stags - Climb back into a play-off position with 0-1 away win at a struggling Rochdale. Next game is away at relegation threatened Harrogate

• Like 1

And with Forest having now reached 13 points, the record held by D*rby County for the lowest points in a season remains intact. Unless Wolves somehow manage to lose every one of their remaining 23 games.

Forest 1  Palace 0    :jumping:

BUT  New Zerland 34  England 31 Womens  Rugby World Cup 

noblue