All going wrong

County - A disappointing 0-0 home draw against lowly Yeovil Town sees them lose top spot by a point to Wrexham.

16,500 fans turned up, well done you Maggies supporters. I looks like County and Wrexham will be nip and tuck for the automatic promotion spot.

Stags - Hammered 3-0 away at 20th placed Harrogate Town sees them moutside the play off places. Is their mind on next weeks' FA Cup game against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough? Harrogate could only muster 2,400 fans for the game yet they beat a much higher placed side 3-0

• Like 1
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Posted Images

County - No game today. Away at second from bottom Scunthorpe next Saturday. A Notts County team did lose 1-6 at home to the Stags in a mid-week game in the Notts County Cup

Stags - After taking a first half lead against the Owls who are 3rd in League 1 at Hillsborough, they conceded 2 second half goals to lose 2-1. Substitute Michael Smith who came on in the 64th minute scored both Wednesday's goals. At home against lowly Colchester next Saturday.

Forest - Still on holiday during the fiasco in Qatar

County - After conceding a goal in the 19th minute County come from behind to win 1-4 away against Scunthorpe to keep them top of the table, 1 point ahead of Wrexham who could only draw with York. That man Langstaff scored again taking his tally to 19 goals, just short of a goal per game. Next up away at mid-table Maidenhead.

Stags - a last minute goal saw a 2-1 home win against relegation threatened Colchester United. Stags first home win since October 15th. It sees them back in a play-off spot. Goal difference is a worry if it comes down to that at the seasons end. Away at 2nd placed Stevenage in their next game.

Forest - Still on holiday

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

County - After taking an early lead in the 9th minute it became a nip and tuck struggle with County only sealing the 3-4 away win in the 83rd minute with the second of a brace by that man Macaulay Langstaff. It still sees them at the top, one point above Wrexham. Next week home against cellar dwellers Gateshead should be a safe three points.

Stags - On a day where many games were postponed due to weather conditions Stags gained a creditable 0-0 away draw against second placed Stevenage. Next week home against mid table Grimsby.

Still avoiding watching any of the games in the World Cup but I have to pass comment on that disgraceful display by Argentina in the game against Holland. If that is what the game has come to FIFA should be ashamed.

• Like 1

I can do the match reports early this week due to the weather and the World Cup

Forest - Still on holiday, play Blackburn on Wednesday night, away in the Carabao Cup and EPL resumes for them on 27th December away against Manchester United.

County - Beat Gateshead 2-0 at Meadow Lane on Tuesday evening to keep them top of the table. Wrexham are now a game in hand. Saturday's game against Chorley in the FA Trophy has been postponed and rescheduled for Tuesday evening as the game against Barnet has been postponed.

Stags - Home game against Grimsby has been postponed

• Like 1

County beat 6th tier (National League North) Chorley in a come from behind 2-1 win at Meadow Lane, all the goals coming in the first half. Interestingly Chorley's home strip is black and white stripes and their nickname is The Magpies. Home against relegation threatened Oldham on Boxing Day and then play them again away on New Years Day.

• Like 1

Forest - Beat Blackburn Rovers 1-4 away in the Caraboa Cup. It sees them into the quarter finals for the first time since 1994 They find out who they play in the next round when the draw is held immediately after the Liverpool Manchester City match tonight.

• Like 1
On 12/22/2022 at 3:42 AM, PeverilPeril said:

I, along with my sister will be making a pilgrimage to Meadow Lane in the New Year. Just trying to sort out what could be an important match and dates.

Here you go PP

Sun 1 Jan

A

Boreham Wood are the highest placed team

Oldham Athletic

National League

3pm

Sat 7 Jan A Aldershot Town National League 3pm    
Tue 10 Jan H Boreham Wood National League 7.45pm    
Sat 14 Jan H Maidstone United FA Trophy 4 3pm    
Sat 21 Jan A Chesterfield National League 5.20pm    
Tue 24 Jan A Solihull Moors National League 7.45pm    
Sat 28 Jan H FC Halifax Town National League 3pm    
Sat 4 Feb A Torquay United National League 3pm    
Sat 11 Feb H Eastleigh National League 3pm
  • Like 1

County - beat lowly Oldham at home 4-1 with all goals coming in the first half and including a brace for Cedwyn Scott. Still at the top of the table 4 points ahead of Wrexham who have a game in hand. They play Oldham again, away, on New Years Day

Stags - Drew 1-1 at Field Mill against third placed Northampton Town with the goals coming in the last 6 minutes of the game. Northampton snatched the equaliser with less than two minutes of regulation time to go. Heartbreaking for the 7,300 fans that turned up. They are eight points from that vital automatic promotion spot. Away against Hartlepool on Thursday.

Forest - Away against Manchester United in an 8:00pm kick off on Tuesday evening. Let's see if the break has brought more cohesion.

• Like 1

Forest - The break does not appear to have brought any great revelations as they were hammered 3-0 at Old Trafford. The weakness is still creating scoring chances as they only had 3 shots on target in the whole game. Press reports called Forest "feeble".  Next up, New Years Day home against Chelsea in a 4:30pm kick-off. Still not bottom though, that "honour" goes to Southampton.

The result didn’t matter, the biggest result was just playing at Old Trafford in the Premier League, 2022 what a roller coaster ride to be a Forest fan, cried my eyes out @ Wembley & Slab Square, memories & laughs with life long mates, my Son joining us on the pissed up train to Wembley, what a year! 

• Upvote 1

County - What can only be described as a disappointing 2-2 away draw against lowly Oldham. They are now five points clear of Wrexham who could take over the top spot if they win both their games in hand. Can only hope that Wrexham get absorbed in their upcoming cup games and lose focus on their promotion race. County home against Boreham Wood on Tuesday 10th January.

Stags - Lose 2-1 away at fellow promotion rivals Walsall. Two difficult games coming up. Home against Barrow on Saturday and then away at third placed Northampton. These games could define the Stags promotion hopes, particularly that all important automatic spot.

Forest - Salvaged a creditable 1-1 home draw against Chelsea, still not enough to get them out of the "drop zone" Well done to the 29,000 Fans that turned up to cheer the Reds. Away against fellow strugglers Southampton on Wednesday night and then away at Championship strugglers Blackpool in the FA Cup next weekend.

• Like 1

Forest - Climb out of the relegation places with a 0-1 away win against fellow strugglers Southampton in what looks to have been a dour match with only one shot on goal. The match was memorable due to the appointment of the first south Asian, Bhupinder Singh Gill, as assistant referee. His father Jarnail was the first turbaned referee to take charge of an EFL game back in 2004. Next week two cup games for the Reds, Blackpool away in FA Cup round 3 and on Wednesday, home against Wolves in the Carabao Cup quarter finals.

• Like 1

County - A solid 0-3 away win at Aldershot. A word of warning to the Meadow Lane faithful, their main rivals Wrexham have two games in hand over the Maggies and if they win them both they will replace County at the top of the table. At home to Boreham Wood on Tuesday night. Wrexham scored a shock 3-4 away win in the  FA cup against Championship side Coventry city and they are looming as a real threat to that automatic promotion spot.

Stags - A disappointing 2-3 home loss to Barrow in a come from behind win that was settled in the 77th minute by an unfortunate own goal sees them fall out of the play-off spots. Next up, home against Crewe.

Forest - I stupidly set my alarm to listen to this match on the steam radio. I am lost for words.... Thumped 4-1 away at Blackpool who are 22nd in the Championship table. Even the commentators were struggling to find something good about the Forest teams performance. Don't know if he put out a second team as I cannot tell as I don't know what the preferred first team is as there does not appear to be any settled line up.

One thing I do know, and our Ben will tell you, is that to win games you have to score more goals than your opponents and this team is incapable of scoring goals. If they don't do something about it soon then relegation is looming. The only team in the EPL with a worse goals for record is Wolves on 11, Forest have scored 13 in 18 games.

Perhaps it is time for Mr. Cooper to put the lid on his barrel and roll out of the City Ground

• Like 1

According to the report on BBC website, Forest had massively changed their line-up from previous games. Maybe Cooper was trying out some of the many players he'd been landed/lumbered with, to see if they were any good. Now he knows.

• Like 1

I've just heard that the '''Bestwood old boys'' are in talks with Cooper'' reference their 1964 team making a comeback......the team are all English and all from Nottingham.......plus ' Money no problem....:)

• Like 2

County - In a battle for the points at Meadow Lane against 9th placed Boreham Wood. After going behind just before half time they came out after the break and within ten minutes had equalised. In front of 6,000 fans it stayed that way until the final whistle. Wrexham are breathing down their necks.

• Like 1

Forest - At the end of "normal time' the Reds draw 1-1 at the City Ground against fellow relegation strugglers Wolves in the Carabao Cup quarter final. No extra time so it is straight to a penalty shoot out and Forest scramble home with a 4-3 win

Yer another poor performance with minimal shots on target from the Forest attack. They can count themselves lucky to have won this one as Wolves had two thirds of possession in the game, luckily, they could not convert that to goals.

Even though they have scrambled into the semi-final, of more concern is that it was a poor result against another team that is deep in the relegation zone of the EPL and they did not secure a win in normal play.

Next up on Saturday a home local derby against Leicester who are only two places above Forest. To say this is a must win is an understatement. The two games after that are also against strugglers so it will be an interesting fortnight.

46 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

O ye of little faith Oz!   

No! LizzieM just a realist

My New Years hopes re football

I do hope Forest survive the drop but things have to change and quickly especially in the goal scoring department.

County to get that elusive automatic promotion spot and return to the EFL, they and their fans deserve it.

Stags - Hoping against all hope that they get an automatic promotion spot. If not get promotion via the play offs.