All going wrong

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Posted Images

On 1/11/2023 at 10:06 PM, Oztalgian said:

They can count themselves lucky to have won this one

I'm not sure you really get it @Oztalgian we are in the Premier League for first time in 23 years, we are in a cup semi final for the first time in 30+ years, enjoy if only for one season.

On 1/12/2023 at 12:30 AM, Oztalgian said:

Forest at Wembley in a two legged semi final in the Caraboa Cup against ...... Manchester United.

I do wonder what the benefits of a two legged semi final @ Wembley would be? Apart from a massive two days on the piss around London  :crazy:

(Shush ..... don't tell him it's @ the City Ground & Old Trafford)

It's not just about the football it's about the whole day, it's about defending & representing Nottingham, if had my way it would be NG postcodes only, you left, we stayed.

U-REDS.

12 hours ago, radfordred said:

(Shush ..... don't tell him it's @ the City Ground & Old Trafford)

Oops! Don't know what made me put Wembley.... Wishful thinking

My negative comments are mostly out of frustration in seeing a team flounder and be unable to score goals. It was obviously reasonably equipped to play the big boys when promoted but what appears to have been a less than successful transfer foray resulted in a team without any cohesion.

I have been a Reds supporter since I was 5 years old when my dad and grandad took me and an apple crate to enable me to see over that huge wall at the kop end of the east stand after being passed down to the front. Yes I left the UK in 1975 and never got to see the glory years first-hand but was and still are there in spirit. One day before I leave this earth I dearly want to go back and see the Reds again at the City Ground, County at Meadow Lane and the Stags at Field Mill.

On a political point only and nothing to do with football I have to say that on seeing what the UK is becoming I am glad I chose to leave.

• Like 1

Forest - After being lucky to not fall behind in the first half, two second half goals by Brennan Johnson saw a welcome 2-0 home win against local rivals and fellow strugglers Leicester City. This sees them climb into 13th in the table. Yet again just over 29,000 fans were at the game. Away at AFC Bournemouth next weekend may hopefully bring at least a point. Then a home and away semifinal against Manchester United beckons.

Stags - Mansfield Town's poor home form continues with a 1-1 draw against Crewe. George Maris scored for the Stags in the first half but was sent off late in the game. The teams behind them on the ladder have games in hand and this could see Stags fall further behind in the race for a play off spot.

County - Sunday afternoon sees the Magpies at home against Maidstone United in Round 4 of the FA Trophy. Next Saturday sees them away at 4th placed Chesterfield.

8 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Forest - After being lucky to not fall behind in the first half

Eh! ...... not from my seat in the WFCG, they never looked like scoring? You must have been listening to radio Leicester or summit? 

Happy to report Nottingham City Centre was heavily protected from any invaders from down the A46, all windows intact. 

5 hours ago, radfordred said:

Eh! ...... not from my seat in the WFCG, they never looked like scoring? You must have been listening to radio Leicester or summit? 

The video feed I watched clearly showed Leicester missing two easy chances in the first half

County - In an Isuzu FA Trophy 4th round home tie County came from 2 goals behind to earn a 2-2 draw at full time. County ultimately lost 6-5 0n penalties. The game was played in front of only 2405 spectators, well below the usual crowd numbers at Meadow Lane. Now it is time to concentrate on that all important automatic promotion spot to see the Maggies back in the EFL.

County - The away top of the table clash with local rivals Chesterfield was postponed due to the state of the playing surface following severe frost. Subject to league approval it has been rescheduled for Saturday 11 February. Will County lose goal poacher Macaulay Langstaff during the transfer window? The club management say unlikely and only a sensational offer could prize him away from Meadow Lane.

Stags - Their away game against The Cobblers was also postponed due to a frozen pitch. Midfielder George Lapslie has left the club to join fellow teammate Oli Hawkins at Gillingham.

Forest - After falling behind midway through the first half it took Forest until the last five minutes to equalise by substitute Sam Surridge and come away from AFC Bournemouth with a 1-1 draw. Home against Manchester United in the first leg of the Caraboa Cup semifinal on Wednesday evening.

• Like 1

County - Last nights scheduled away game against Solihull Moors was postponed due to a frozen pitch. Weather permitting the Magpies will play mid table Halifax Town at home on Saturday

Wrexham having won 0-3 away at Gateshead take over the top spot, three points clear of County in second position, having now both played the same number of games.

• Like 1

Forest - A 0-3 at home thumping by Manchester United effectively ends Forest's hopes of going to Wembley in the Carabao Cup. Forest made 5 substitutions in a game which saw them gain only 30% of the possession. The second leg is at Old Trafford on Feb 1 and then back in the EPL at home against fellow Battlers Leeds on Sunday Feb 5.

County - That man Langstaff scores again with a first half goal that was enough to gain the points from Halifax Town.

Now second in the league equal on points behind Wrexham who have a game in hand. Tuesday night sees the start of a three game away spell against Solihull Moors.

Stags - After going ahead to a first minute own goal the Stags cruised to a 4-1 home win against Doncaster Rovers which sees them back into a play-off position seven points behind an automatic spot. Their goal difference of +4 points is the worst of any of the teams currently in the play-off positions. Next week sees them away in a tough game against promotion rivals Bradford City.

Forest - No game this weekend due to the FA Cup but away at Old Trafford on Wednesday in the second leg of the Carabao cup semi final. They return to EPL action on Sunday 5th Feb at home against struggling Leeds United.

Late news........... Championship strugglers Cardiff City have signed ex Forest manager Sabri Lamouchi as their third manager of the season.

• Like 1

County - A solid come from behind 1-2 away win at Solihull Moors. Ruben Rodrigues scores two penalties to clinch the win that keeps them in top spot, three points ahead of Wrexham who have two games in hand. Hope their focus on the FA Cup causes them to stumble in the promotion race for the top spot. If results continue as expected the Maggies home game against Wrexham on 10 April could well decide the automatic promotion spot. Unfortunately, County look to have the more difficult run in to the end of the season. Keep up the pressure you Maggies, it would be great to see you back where you belong, in the EFL.

• Like 1

Forest - The January transfer window has been finalised and Forest have signed the following players either on loan or fee based.

A goalkeeper, 1 midfielder for 18 million, 2 other midfielders, 1 defender and one forward.

Given their goalscoring record I would have thought that forwards would have been a higher priority?

• Like 1

Forest - Two second half goals within three minutes results in a 2-0 loss at Old Trafford in the second leg of the Caraboa Cup semi-final second leg gives an aggregate score of 5-0 to United.

A good run but now time to concentrate on consolidating their EPL position to ensure survival.

Home against Leeds on Sunday.

• Like 1

County - Another solid away win against Torquay United and yet again that man Macaulay Langstaff gets his name on the scoresheet along with Ruben Rodrigues who was later sent off. Still on top, three points clear of Wrexham who have two games in hand. The next two games bring difficult fixtures against promotion rivals. Away against Chesterfield on Saturday and then home against Barnet on Tuesday evening. Could well be season defining for the Maggies.

Stags - A last minute goal saved Mansfield from an away defeat at fellow promotion hopefuls Bradford City The final score 1-1, it sees Stags in 6th place with 43 points, 8 off a coveted automatic spot. Next game at home on Saturday against second last Gillingham.

Forest - Home against struggling Leeds at 2:00pm Sunday COYR

• Like 1

Forest - Even the Forest manager said that "We didn't play well" and yet with only 29% of the possession and only 2 shots on target Forest managed a 1-0 win over Leeds with a 14th minute goal from Brennan Johnson. The three points puts them into 13th place, 6 points clear of the drop zone. Next up, away at Fulham on Saturday.

• Like 1

Messy game but a win is a win.  The Fulham game will be interesting, they’ve always been my husband’s team, let’s hope our new Navas man is up to Metrovich’s goal-scoring abilities.  

12 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

with only 29% of the possession

Your reading far to much into this possession maylarky, let them have ball, our defence is our strength, this weekend Arsenal 71% lost, Leeds 70% lost, Man City 65% lost, Liverpool 58% lost, rubbish horrible game, honored to be in the same stadium as Keylor Navas, world class keeper. 

• Like 2

Spot on Red..........i believe Possession'' has largely killed all the excitement in the modern game....short pass forward...short square pass...then a short back pass...then start again....how can this compare ...with a long Pass down either wing then a mad chase....being won by the attacker.....who high crosses into the opponents penalty area where the 'Keeper'' leaps and catches it while being shoulder charged by the centre forward....then a defender ''Chins'' an attacker (does'nt slap him with his make up bag)..attacker stays on his feet (don't lay down writhing holding his face)......Ref doesn't book anybody...just laughs and tells them to behave...

Game ends in in 4-4 draw.....all the players are a bit bruised but leave the field laughing and shaking hands.......

Just another proper game of football (when boots had nogs) on Vernon Park circa 1965....:crazy:

• Like 4

County - That man Macauley Langstaff scores again in a promotion battle away at Chesterfield in front of just short of 10,000 fans.

His second half equaliser followed by Chicksen's winner 20 minutes from time saw the Magpies at the top of the table with a 1-2 win. Chesterfield finished the game with 10 players with King being sent off just before the winning goal.

Next another difficult home game against 4th placed Barnet on Tuesday evening.

Stags - Two first half goals saw Stags to a comfortable 2-0 home win against a struggling Gillingham. Next Tuesday evenings game is a tough fixture away against third placed Carlisle United.

Forest - Having to use two substitutes due to injuries in the first seven minutes did not help their game plan and it saw them slip to 14th place on the ladder with a 2-0 away loss to Fulham. Forest's failure to stick the ball in the onion bag continues to be a major problem as they have failed to score in 9 of their 22 EPL games, only Bournemouth and Wolves, both below them on the ladder, have worst records. Next Saturday sees them at home against Manchester City. I think a point from this game would be most welcome.

• Like 1