All going wrong

Forest - 29,520 City Ground faithful saw Forest come back from being a goal behind in the 11th minute with a goal from Chris Wood in the 61st minute to salvage a draw that takes them out of the relegation spots on goal difference.

Sorry Nuno, keep trotting out the excuses and useless platitudes, it is still not good enough to draw at home against the fourteenth placed side who have only had three away wins all season. Forest could have lost the game again right at the end as Munoz's header hit the post. They have not won a game since 17 Feb and need to get all three points against Fulham on Tuesday to help in their battle for survival in the EPL.

• Like 2
  • Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Posted Images

Oz,

I'm not sure which is least likely, Notts to beat MK Dons this afternoon or Forest to beat Fulham on Tuesday evening.

I would guess the odds are very poor for both games but having watch Notts play like a pub team twice recently I predict another Notts loss and Forest draw.

Notts are in a mess (sorry for the pun) and so are Forest.

I don't think Notts will be relegated but Forest are definitely still at risk.

Are the Stags having an end of season wobble?

Yes they are but I still think they'll go up and in fairness they deserve to, but I have to say again I think Stockport will top L2

I always enjoy watching out for the results over Easter. Things are starting to crystallise quickly now.

Will Derby get promoted? Probably I think.

They play top of the table Portsmouth on Tuesday night. That should be a good watch.

Back to the betting theme, who's going to get the sack first Stuart Maynard or Nuno? I think they're both on very thin ice personally.

• Like 1

County - A 3-3 home draw against MK Dons in front of 10,000 plus fans moves them up one place to 15th. MK Dons scored 1st in the 19th Minute and it stayed that way until time on at the end of the half after Sam Austin equalised  to take them in to the half time break on equal footing. Straight after the restart Alassana Jatta gave the Magies the lead. The Dons reclaimed the lead in the lead with the first of Ellis Harrison's brace in the 64th minute followed by another 20 minutes later. Aaron Nemane got a last gasp equaliser for County that denied MK Dons the points necessary to take them closer to an automatic promotion spot. Home against mid table Harrogate Town on Saturday. Maynard is still under a cloud

Stags - Their match at Field Mill against Accrington Stanley was postponed 90 minutes before kick-off due to a waterlogged pitch. As of today all the top three clubs have played 40 games with Stockport ahead of Mansfield and Wrexham by four points having beaten AFC Wimbledon 1-0 at home. Wrexham play Doncaster away tonight. Mess thinks the latest Stags wobble might stop them going up as champions and right now I am inclined to believe him. I can't see them missing out on an automatic promotion spot unless the wobble is of gigantic proportions. Home against 7th placed Crawley Town on Saturday and then home to cellar dwellers Forest Green Rovers on Tuesday 9th.

Forest - Given that there has obviously been a fair bit of rain around Notts recently is tonight's Forest game against 12th placed Fulham under any threat? Talking of weather, if Forest lose against Fulham I think Nuno might find it is pi$$ing down on the end of his career at the Reds.

Forest were amazing tonight.

They played like they were title contenders in the first half and completely outplayed Fulham to deservedly go in 3-0 up at half time. It could have been 5-0 in all honesty.

Fulham staged a bit of a comeback in the second half. They certainly upped their game and pulled a goal back but Forest's defence stood firm brilliantly marshalled by the outstanding Ryan Yates and some great goalkeeping from Belgian International Matz Sels.

There is absolutely no way Forest will go down if they can play like that in their remaining games. They were brilliant.

• Like 1

Forest - Three people shy of 29,000 fans saw Forest get a convincing and very welcome 3-1 win over Fulham at the City Ground last night that moves them 3 points clear of the relegation zone. Hudson Odoi opened Forest's account in the 9th minute. Chris Wood again got his name on the score sheet in the 19th minute and Morgan Gibbs-White sent Forest in 3-0 at half time with a goal in time on. Fulham came out looking like a different team in the second half and chances were there for both teams to add to their tallies. The woodwork saved both teams in a frenetic second half. Forest away at 5th placed Spurs on Sunday which in all reality a point would probably be a good outcome. Luton now have a game in hand over Forest but they play 2nd placed Arsenal tonight which in all probability will help Forests battle for survival.

• Like 1

Forest - Arsenal did the Reds a big favour last night by beating Luton 2-0 which now puts Forest 3 points clear of Luton on the same number of games. Forest away at Spurs on Sunday where a point is probably the best they can hope for. Luton are at home to 11th placed AFC Bournemouth on Saturday. Come Sunday it is quite possible that they will both again be on the same number of points as the number of games left dwindles.

Stags - Doncaster Rovers did the Stags a massive favour last night by beating Wrexham 1-0 at the Eco Power Stadium, sounds nowhere near as good as Belle Vue as I knew it, last night. That leaves both Stags and Stockport with a game in hand over Wrexham. Barring a major wobble I can't see any other club outside the current top three getting an automatic promotion spot. Stags play 7th placed Crawley Town at home, Stockport and Wrexham both have an easier games this weekend Stockport playing 22nd placed Sutton Utd away, whist Wrexham play 23rd placed Colchester United away. The battle for the play-off spot will remain interesting until the last game of the league season.

I think or rather hope the pendulum has swung at Meadow Lane as the mighty Pies recorded their first home win under Stuart Maynard.

Harrogate, a notorious anti football, spoiling team were well beaten in the end by Notts who showed the commitment and desire so badly lacking earlier this year.
One swallow doesn't make a summer but Notts played well and their on loan keeper Luca Ashby-Hammond saved a vital penalty. I haven't seen that happen at Meadow Lane since another on loan keeper Anthony Patterson saved a Paul Mullin spot kick back in 2021.
The highlight of the game has to be Jodi Jones 75 yard dribble to then hammer in Notts second from 30 yards out, a magnificent solo effort indeed.
The defence is now showing some signs of improvement underlined by a clean sheet.

A modest mid table finish now seems likely. Some quality additions to the defence this summer and we go again. The brothers clearly have faith in Mr M because he's still here.

I hope he can return their support with a shot at promotion next season.

Meanwhile up the A60 to The One Call we find The Mansfield wobble is alive and kicking (off) as The Stags look ready to lift The Nearly Team of the season award.
There can't have been many occasions this season when Mansfield have lost and Notts have won.
The top of L2 looks depressing tonight if you're a Mansfield fan.
Wins for Wrexham and MK Dons only compounds the misery.

Their two games in hand over MK Dons won't count for much if they turn in (non) performances like today.
Surely they'll beat bottom club Forest Green on Tuesday? 
I think anything less than a win is going to be a problem because next Saturday they travel to MK Dons who are hot on their heels for an automatic spot.
Lots of Stag's fans are starting to be quite uncomplementary about Clough Jnr.
I wonder what the Radfords make of it all. They've seen their ward crumble before. Will they stick around if it goes belly up again?

Tomorrow Forest face a stern test with a visit to Tottenham. Their outstanding midweek performance is now history and to not lose tomorrow would be a great result.

Luton have kept up the pressure on the Reds with a win at home to Bournemouth.

It's very tight down at the bottom. Everton should know if they face a second points deduction very soon. If they do get docked 4 points like Forest then it gets even more interesting especially when you remember both Forest and Luton still have to face The Toffees.

It really is too close to call so sit back and try and enjoy the ride lol.

• Like 2

County - On the winning list again at last. Their first win at Meadow Lane under Maynard. That man Langstaff popped in a penalty during time on in the first half after Luca Ashby Hammond saved a spot kick. County scored twice in the second half with goals from Jones and O'Brien. Harrogate had its' chances but could not convert them to goals. Away at Walsall next Saturday. 15th on the ladder, there is not much interest left for County fans as a mid-table position looks likely after a promising start.

Stags - Crawley Town crush wobbly Stags 1-4 at Field Mill knocking them out of an automatic promotion spot, MK Dons having replaced them. The loss was the Stags heaviest loss in the campaign this season. Crawley took the lead in the 4th minute. 20 minutes later they went two up to go in at half time looking comfortable. Two goals in two minutes in the 55th and 56th minutes saw Stags chances of salvaging anything from this game fly out of the window. Boateng scored an 80th minute consolation goal for the Stags. They have 2 games in hand over their rivals the first is on Tuesday against cellar dwellers Forest Green Rovers which should be a win, but who knows when Mansfield start to wobble. Next Saturday they are away at MK Dons in what could well shape the final 3 for automatic promotion.

Forest - Away at Spurs on Sunday and with Luton, after winning 2-1 at home to AFC Bournemouth, now equal with Forest on points but behind on goal difference. Everton beat Burnley 1-0 to see them climb up the table, but still under the cloud of another penalty. A point at White Hart Lane would be a welcome return for Forest.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Forest - Only goal difference keeps them out of the "drop zone" after a 3-1 defeat at Spurs. It didn't start well for the Reds after Murillo diverted a cross ball into his own net. Just before that he almost scored goal of the season when well in his own half when he spotted the Spurs 'keeper off his line and attempted to lob him, unfortunately the effort dropped just wide. Chris Wood scored again to equalise for Forest and they went in 1-1 at half time. Spurs lead was restored by Micky van de Ven in the 56th minute with what my wife would call "a Bobby Charlton special" with a screamer from just outside the penalty area that found the top corner of the net. 5 minutes later Spurs went 3 up when Pedro Porro hammered home a cross. We will wait and see what excuses Nuno comes up with this time, admittedly a point was probably a hard ask. Home to mid table Wolves next Saturday as the number of games left to guarantee survival continue to dwindle.

• Like 1

Forest - The Reds have not benefitted from Everton having 2 more penalty points being awarded against them by the EPL. Everton are now 2 points ahead of Forest with a game in hand. Forest play Everton away on Sunday 21st April. Will be an interesting fixture that could have a major effect on who gets relegated. 

Only six games left for Forest to get themselves out of the mire and avoid the drop. Here are Nostroztalgians thoughts.

These predictions are based on the fact that the City Ground is no longer the fortress that it once was W5, D4, L7 and that their away form is atrocious only having W2, D4, L10

13 April at home vs Wolves who have a good away record. A draw 1 point

21 April away vs Everton whose home record is not that good. A draw 1 point

27 April home vs Manchester City who are well in the title race. A loss 0 points

4 May away vs Sheffield United who may well be relegated by then and playing for pride. A draw 1 point

11 May home vs Chelsea who may well have lost interest by then. A win 3 points

19 May away vs Burnley perhaps relegated then and playing for pride, have a poor home record. A win 3 points

My prediction, nine more points in all, will that be enough to save them? 

Luton look to have the slightly easier run home so will it be goal difference that saves Forest?

What are the thoughts of those that follow the Reds? 

Stags - Now let's have a look at the Stags prospect of getting an automatic promotion spot. Assuming no more stupid wobbles as per lats week.

9 April home vs Forest Green Rovers who are almost certain to be relegated. A win 3 points

13 April away vs MK Dons who are a promotion rival. A loss 0 points

16 April home vs Accrington Stanley who will be just playing out the season. A win 3 points

20 April home vs Gillingham who have no chance of a play-off spot. A win 3 points

27 April away vs Barrow who are a definite play-off participant. A loss 0 points

My prediction, another nine points.

As Stockport look likely to be champions then it is between Stags, Wrexham and MK Dons for the other two automatic places. Wrexham look to have a difficult few final games with three of them vs teams vying for promotion, including their seasons last game at home vs Stockport. MK Dons have only three games left having played 1 or 2 games more than their rivals which includes the game against the Stags.

If by some disaster and further wobbles the Stags don't make the automatic spot then they will go out early in the play-offs.

Chesterfield have already been promoted as runaway leaders of the Vanarana National League with 3 games left to be played. The Magpies and Spireites can look forward to local rivalries being continued and as the whether Mansfield join in on that or move into Division One remains to be seen

Other "local" teams. 

Lincoln City - In with an outside chance of making the promotion play-offs from league one.

Derby County - A chance of an automatic promotion spot, between them and Bolton Wanderers and definitely in the play-offs.

Sheffield United - Look certain of being relegated from the EPL.

Sheffield Wednesday - Deep in a relegation battle at the foot of the Championship. Probably no local derbies with the Blades next season.

Leicester City look certainties for promotion from the Championship.

Doncaster Rovers look set for a mid table position in league two. 

County - It would be unfair of me not to mention the Magpies who after a cracking start to the season have fizzled into mediocrity.

13 April away vs Walsall who are not without an outside chance of making the play-offs. Loss 0 points

16 April home vs Stockport County current league leaders. Draw 1 point

20 April home vs Colchester United deep in trouble at the wrong end of the table. Win 3 points

27 April away vs Forest Green Rovers who are highly likely to be relegated. Win 3 points

My prediction an extra 7 points, an inauspicious end to a season that started with so much promise.

Stags - A 1-0 win at Field Mill last night against bottom club Forest Green Rovers. It would have been many more except for the efforts of Forest Green's 'keeper Vicente Reyes who made some fine saves. It looks like Stags 'keeper was only really troubled twice during the game. The win puts them back into the automatic promotion spots in third place, three points behind Wrexham and two ahead of MK Dons with a game in hand over both clubs.

Home against 4th placed MK Dons on 13th of April.

For anyone that cares this is the first of my predictions and has proved to be correct.

• Like 1

County - I got that one wrong as County come away from Bescot Stadium with a 1-3 away win. They move up to 14th and put a severe dent in Walsall's chance of making the playoffs. That man Macauley Langstaff opened County's account in the second minute, Nemane scored in the 28th minute and Austin sealed the points in the 69th minute after Walsall played most of the second half with a man down after Comely was sent off for tripping Cowley. Home against ladder leaders Stockport County on Tuesday evening.

Stags - Promotion looks almost certain after a majestic 1-4 thumping of 4th placed MK Dons away. The Dons opened the scoring in the 13th minute. Hewitt's equaliser midway through the first half made things 1-1 at half time. Stags took command of the game in the second half with Davis Keillor-Dunn scoring the first of his brace in the 51st minute. He had to wait until the 90th minute for his second and James gale put the icing on the cake for the Stags with a goal after two minutes of extra time. Home against Accrington Stanley on Tuesday evening. A win will see them promoted along with Stockport and Wrexham having already achieved that goal. I had this one down as a loss!

Forest - Out come Nuno's 1001 excuses as to why we did not win again. Surely Nuno is only proving that he is a No-No for Forest manger. Forest allowed Wolves to come from behind to snatch a draw. Wolves Cunha scored the first of his brace 5 minutes before half time but Forest equalised 7 minutes later with a header from a corner by Morgan Gibbs-White. Forest took the lead with a goal by Danilo in the 57th minute. Cunha completed his brace 5 minutes later after scrambling home a loose ball to give Wolves the draw, which I picked. More of a loss of two points than gaining one. Forest have now dropped 50 points after leading in games this season. The defence is leaking like a sieve.

Away at Everton next Sunday.

• Like 1

County - In front of 11,656 fans, no doubt many from Stockport saw the Magpies thumped 2-5 at home against Champions, Stockport County. Paddy Madden scored a hat-trick in the first half to put the game beyond doubt even at that early stage. His second goal was a penalty after Cowley's handball. 5 minutes after half time Stockport went further ahead with a goal from Antoni Sarcevic. The Magpies eventually opened their account with a goal from that man Macauley Langstaff in the 61st minute and two minutes later Dan Cowley bagged another for Notts but all too late as Etham Pye hit Stockport's 5th, 6 minutes from time. Stockport missed a second penalty after Louie Barry hit the post. Pathetically l had more faith in Notts as I tipped this as a draw. Home against Colchester United on Saturday.

Stags - Promoted after a 2-1 win at Field Mill in front of 7,942 fans against Accrington Stanley. A low cross from George Maris was deflected into the Accrington net by Leigh in the second minute set them on the path to promotion. Boateng was denied a second a few minutes later by a fine save from Accrington's 'keeper Vitek. Stags went in at half time being comfortably ahead even though the score line did not reflect that. Stephen Quinn scored the Stags second in the 63rd minute. Accrington pulled one back with a goal from Tommy Leigh in the 85th minute but the result was never beyond doubt. A measure of Stags success this year has been met by Clough's selection of League Two's manager of the year and having three players named in League Two's team of the season. Home against Gillingham on Saturday. I tipped this one correctly.

• Like 2

Stockport thoroughly exploited Notts' leaky defence last night although I think the scoreline flattered them.

Notts started well enough but were soon punished for their disorganised defence. The referee was poor and Stockport took advantage. Over the season Stockport are worthy champions so congratulations to them.

The irony for me was watching Kyle Wooton celebrate at the end, but we should remember that Macca Langstaff has scored far more than our ex-striker this and last season.

Congratulations too to The Stags and their manager Mr Clough Jnr.

After 11 years in L2 they've finally gone and got promoted.

A little wobble just to keep the adrenaline pumping but all's well that ends well as they say.

I was a little surprised when NC got the EFL manager of the season award last week. Stockport's Dave Challinor should surely have received that.

No surprise to see Jodi Jones awarded the EFL player of the season but I would say that wouldn't I? I do hope Notts can hang onto him but there must be L1 and Championship clubs watching.

Good Luck to him if he moves on as long as it's not Wrexham.

I think Luke Williams could well grab him for Swansea.

Notts game against Colchester on Saturday could be quite entertaining as The Us are still fighting relegation.

The season has yet to reach it's conclusion for Derby too who are not yet certain of promotion and Forest's future is still in the balance.

I've been saying for a while that I think Derby are going back up to the Championship, but are Forest going to join them?

• Like 2