I still have some 3D books and posters tucked away. Every so often, I will go through them. As Jill says, don't try too hard, just let your eyes go out of focus and keep staring at the picture, eventually the inner pictures will (should) appear. I will never part with them. I find them fascinating. Does't take much to keep me entertained.:biggrin:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a rather strange cat story. It is true and it happened to me earlier this week.   A good friend of mine who lives in a very rural village not far from me has always had cats.  Some y

I often have a strong sense I really should do something. Usually a lie down and a bit of a nap makes it go away... 

Last night we had a call from daughter requesting a lift to the vets this morning, as "Melanie", one of her cats was managing to get minced food down, but seemed to be struggling to swallow, was letha

• 4 weeks later...

Jill what is the best food for a kitten/ young cat soft food or hard food he seems to like both but prefers cat treats over meals. I remember when i was kid in Nuthall i went to the butchers and bought some type of meat called leights not sure if i spelt it right it not available here in Canada. Which food do you recommend. Thankyou.

Ian, ALL cats prefer treats to cat food!!  A good, reputable brand of kitten food has all the nutrients your kitty requires.  Depends how much you want to pay, from Whiskas to James Wellbeloved or Applaws. Cats get fed up with the same meal all the time, so vary it a bit. Biscuits are fine, as long as they are kitten sized and, of course, plenty of fresh water!  PP's two could send round a few mice and birds...which is what they are really supposed to eat, according to the vet! I certainly wouldn't go near lights!

Still not got another Cat yet,,,but i've made friends with one who must live nearby............He's (think he) a beauty and comes on my Garden every day (probably to do the other) first couple of times we spotted each other he just looked and strolled off,,,but now he walks up to me and gives me a ''Fuss'',,,sometimes sits next to me on my 'Bench'...........Most of my Cats over the years have been strays that chose us to  live with,,,been hoping he'd say he wants to move in'' but can tell he's too well looked after,,,

Not paying some  silly price for a cat,,seen some at £200,,,want to give a stray'' a good home,,,but can't find one,,'Stray'' that is,, not home,, lol,,   any advice Jill?

• Like 1

He could be sizing you up for moving in purposes, Ben, even if he has a good home. No one tells a cat where to live!  Even if he isn't, he's nice to cuddle and make a fuss of.

I, you won't be surprised to hear, do not approve of buying expensive pedigree cats which only encourages unscrupulous breeders. There are so many unwanteds needing a good home. Try Cats Protection League, Ben. There'll be plenty of stunning females who'd fall for you...and vice versa!  Miaaaw!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

When we moved house some 40 years ago,,we had been feeding a Cat that lived down the road....She was obviously unhappy where she lived and spent a lot of time round ours....when we were preparing to move with the Van loaded,, she climbed in my car and sat in the back window,,and moved with us,,,clever cat ,,a she,who we named Tom,,we had her for many years,,,

Jill,,, just looked for Cats Protection league,,nearest one is Derby...probably contact when this Covid thing quietens down....

Edit...........She was a lucky Cat was our Tom........even had a week in Mablethorpe in a chalet,with us....she just sat and slept by the door,,while we went out each day

• Like 1

2 of our previous cats once came on holiday with us in our tourer.  They never attempted to leave the van when it was on site during the daytime - just sitting looking out of the window kept them occupied, but once it became dark outside we had to keep the door firmly closed as they kept trying to escape!  One did get out one evening at a site in Abergavenny and we had a huge job finding her.  We had to wander round shining torches under caravans and calling her name.

They travelled in cat carriers in the car when we were travelling.

Her full name was Thomasina, no doubt, Ben.  My eldest cat is named Raffles. When she was tiny, we couldn't tell whether she was male or female. Even the vet was not certain. We named her Raffles because I'd been reading a book about him at the time. When we discovered she was a little girl, we lengthened her name to Raffaella...but she's still called Raffles! :P

6 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Ours had another Greenfinch yesterday :( It is so upsetting. If I had my way they would be found a good home where birds are not a problem.

We fitted ours with a bell collar, that seemed to work...

Just come on and whilst still half asleep switched computer on,,,saw PP on his bike and read his one line.........Cats never entered my mind........................its ok i'm awake now,,and taken my bright Collar off,,.....lol

• Like 2

On the other paw....the dicky bods in my garden have been feasting on the damsons I don't like damsons and the tree isn't sporting a heavy crop this year, so I left them for the dicky bods.

Washing flapping on the clothes line this morning. I go to bring it in and what do I find all over my nice white fluffy towels?  Purple dicky bod poo! Lots of it! :wacko:

I'll set my tabby on the culprit if I find him!  :blink:

• Like 1

Bailey nailed a big Thrush type of bird a few weeks ago.  He came running to me with it in his mouth.   There was hardly a mark on it but it was dead.    I know retrievers can carry things very gently.  I think he must have scared it to death.  He was so pleased with himself.

On 9/7/2020 at 4:54 PM, Brew said:

We fitted ours with a bell collar, that seemed to work...

I'd fit the bloody thing with some lead in its ear...

We are artificially sustaining a population of Cats which which would not survive without our assistance, yet which are happy to 'go native' when it suits them.

Worst of both worlds.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

I'd fit the bloody thing with some lead in its ear..

Ah yer just a big ol softy really aint ya!..  smile2

• Like 1

Always detested cats..used have deliveries, potatoes, eggs, etc...pissed over by a tom cat two doors up in the 1980's..nice greeting after a day out working!

Flipside, Friend had two Siamese, never went outside.. briefly dated a women with two long haired, again never outside, comes down to the owners.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When our cats bring a mouse or bird on to the garden the Chickens steal them! At least we are getting less mice and birds being brought into the house. Not to be deterred, the cats brought a half grown rabbit in this morning. I hate to think how this could escalate if the chickens fancy a bit of rabbit.