Sentimental old Tat and liberty bodices

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Mother circa 1951..........enjoying Chicken leg,, on Sea wall in Rhyl      Me and Grandad,,on way to watch Notts cricket Trent Bridge.........circa 1950      

Mam and Aunt  Gwen...........Long row  1949,,edit......Carrington street..     Skegness 1946....cousin Doris,,Mam,,Me,, and GrandadS   Skegness 1946,,,,with Mam

Fishing with Trina.... Gunthorpe 1964    

Posted Images

@Cliff Ton  This was in North Notts but maybe my dad got ithe motorbike from Somerset - wish I could ask him but he died in 1984.... this month he would have just celebrated his 119th birthday!!

@Beekay  they weren't married at this point.  They married 7 years later in 1933.... a very long engagement!  My mum's mother didn't want mum to get married until after she (my grandma) died - she was mostly bed-ridden and my mum was her favourite carer.

They might have been posing for the photo... who knows!  This is one of those frequent times when you wish you'd asked your parents more about their photos etc

Next  month, my mum would have been celebrating her 118th birthday.  I still miss her....

I've flown a helicopter, only once and I have no desire to repeat it. Not done a parachute jump but we once had a 'chutist go from our balloon at Darley Dale meet. (DFS car park). The experience was enough to convince me never to be so stupid.

I've flown in a few helicopters but only as a passenger. I've also done a couple of gliding courses, plus I've done some glider acrobatics (scary). I flew into Langar once and watched the parachutists doing practice on bales of hay. An old friend used to fly the twin engined dropping aircraft. Two friends who did a parachute jump both twisted an ankle and one ended up on a factory roof! Perhaps I should grow old gracefully.

pic1.jpg

Gangster Grandad......1914.......just before he went to war..

pic10.jpg

Bulwell town Hall 1928................me Dad is on this one...

pic11.jpg

Me,,Peter Falk (Columbo) and big Malc.....1963 Skegness  ,after a night on the Beach....

pic12.jpg

Vernon Mountfoot,,,Roy Wyers,,,Peter James,,Geoffrey Jenner,,,Dolly Simms,,,Michael Laurence,,,Lilian Dale,,,yours truly...the Huts school on Gainsford crescent....1951

• Like 8

Granddaughter's been,,,some good oldies here,,,even my mate Columbo.......lol,,,Woody Allen coming up'''''

pic13.jpg 

Me and Woody Allen......1970,,,,,,,,,,,with ladies Dart team in Majorca.....

• Like 5

Nice pics Ben! It's always interesting looking at old photos. Wished I'd had the chance of photos when I  were a nipper. My earliest is when I were 17.

• Like 1

Being completely bored have thrown myself into sorting all these old photos out,,,must be at least 300,,,many i had forgot about,,,but they have given me much pleasure,,,very Sentimental an certainly old,,,but not Tat''................have now framed about 70....the fascinating thing with some of them over 100 years old are the bits of writing on the back of em,,,family History....

• Like 4

He was 14...........As old as the year........joined the Army and sent home from France,,for being underage.......then joined the Navy for the rest of the war,,,

A man amongst men,,,never saw him lose his temper or swear.....his motto was ''Always listen to the other mans point of view'''  then enlighten him,,,

• Like 5
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Me,,Peter Falk (Columbo) and big Malc.....1963 Skegness  ,after a night on the Beach....

It's quite possible I was there at the same time (even though I was a bit younger !).       We often went to Skeg for holidays and 1963 is one of those years.

• Like 1

CT   I bet you didn't sleep (or whatever) on the beach in 1963, though!

• Like 1

Twas on the Beach that night Loppy.....but in the Car......i remember those trousers,,,,didn't even crease.......the Lad i refer to as Columbo,,,really did look like him,,his name was Keith close friend for many years,,sadly passed away  years ago....

• Like 1

That Photo of Bulwell town hall Jill,,,,reckon you can pick my dad out.....being the person you are,,,clue frontish and middleish...Edit third row back......

16 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

.1963 Skegness  ,after a night on the Beach....

Yes benj, I definitely remember Skegness 1963. I must have a chat with SueB48, your pictures look very familiar. lol. slywink

• Like 2

I tried very hard to pull that weekend in Skeg carnie,,,,,,bet you and SueB were among the ones that turned me down,,,funny thing is i later married a Sue Brown,,lovely girl just not meant to be bless her.....Do you recall a Juke box in a cafe(far end of prom) that had film and you could see the Artist,,,not tech minded so dont know what they were called,,,first time seeing Artist on a Juke box thingy.....lol