Sentimental old Tat and liberty bodices

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Mother circa 1951..........enjoying Chicken leg,, on Sea wall in Rhyl      Me and Grandad,,on way to watch Notts cricket Trent Bridge.........circa 1950      

Mam and Aunt  Gwen...........Long row  1949,,edit......Carrington street..     Skegness 1946....cousin Doris,,Mam,,Me,, and GrandadS   Skegness 1946,,,,with Mam

Fishing with Trina.... Gunthorpe 1964    

Posted Images

I said that on an earlier post Jill...........data protection would stop me putting them on here..........these that i have are from cctv taken in stores,.....i also said i have them in my car,so if anyone interested would show them at a meet-up,...........the only face blanked off would be mine.......lol.

A few years ago in Nottingham the Coop put the pictures up in the window and notice boards...........the Police told us not allowed.,and we had to take them down.............pity really some of the 'lifters' enjoyed the fame of it..........bit like the old 'Wanted'' posters out west.........

It never upset the Broxtowe and Aspley lifters................one even asked 'why int my picture up' ? cos you know i'm always at it !.............lol

If one lives outside the law, they should relinquish all their 'human' rights.

Too many smart arsed defence lawyers around these days squealing 'Social Justice '.

Social Justice be bu66ered....... The 'vigilante man' deals out social justice .....immediately !

• 4 weeks later...

Wages just don't keep up with inflation...........interesting what i heard Jeremy Corbyn say the other day...........inflation 2.5 %.........and they have offered Police and the like 1%..............then found a job offer in my 'Sentimental old tat' in the garage..from.....1993,..............position as Store Detective  £8.95 per hour,...............have recently turned down offers (2017) for same job at £8 per hour..............,ie 24 years later !!!..........makes ya think don't it..........

• Upvote 1

Same goes when listening to the 60's channel on XM, they'll say 'and this next one was a big hit in 1963...........' and I think nothing if it. But when they say, this is from 54 years ago, I go Whaaaaaaaaa?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Depressing thinking back to my 40th birthday party, although it was a fabulous evening when we took over an entire French restaurant to party with 60 close friends and family.   It seems like yesterday but it's 28 years ago for heaven's sake.  I hope the next 28 years don't fly by so quickly, I'll be 96 if I get that far !!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Certainly sir,

Omo 2/11

Surf 2/11

Twin bar Fairy washing soap 1/6

Glowhite 1/3 

Ajax scourer 1/6

That will be 10/3

All circa 1960 

Would there be anything else sir? 

Lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tat no but sentimental yes. I have a ring that my husband gave me a few years ago for our wdding anniversary. Its about 1/4 "" wide with a small ruby heart  in the centre with engraving written in Italian .

" Ti amo ogni giorno di più."

Which means "Every day I love you more"

I love this ring and it causes a lot of comments.

Does anyone else have something sentimental.?

Made me think. Italian youths are very sentimental and its evident with all the writings on the wall at bus stops and stations , train stations where their girls catch transort. They pour their hearts out with emotions and they arent afraid to show them. Are english men and youths the same. I would like to think they are? When I was younger I cant remember any emotions from them.

We have loads of old tat, and some quite sentimental stuff as well. Here is one of my favourites.

While we were courting in the early/mid sixtys, we didn't have much money between us and what we did have went mainly on bus and train fares for the two and half years travelling to see each other before we wed. My hubbs spent what he could afford on a lovely cross with a star burst pattern on it for me, it was made of rolled or dipped gold (not sure of the difference)I wore it for our wedding. the chain has long gone and the gold has worn off all the edges of the cross, it is kept in my jewellery box and I would love to give it a makeover one day. Very sentimental, it has no monetary value, but worth its weight in gold to me.:biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Italian youths are very sentimental and its evident with all the writings on the wall at bus stops and stations , train stations where their girls catch transort. They pour their hearts out with emotions and they arent afraid to show them. Are english men and youths the same. I would like to think they are? 

You only have to look at most of Ben's posts to see that romance and emotion are still alive and kicking.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Sorry but I just can't keep away from Car Boot Sales and Jumble sales. Yesterday my little lady and myself hobbled along to a jumble sale at Nuthall Methodist Church. Found a little Lilliput Street sort of model of the Trip to Jerusalem. It was mine for 20p.   As for sentimental. I still have all my dad's old joinery tools and his textbooks from college just after WW2.

• Like 1

Showing emotion? Good lord no, I'm English. Emotion is quite properly reserved for mothers, children when little and possibly small furry creatures.

Then again men only have two emotions, hungry or horny. If your man doesn't have an erection - make him a sandwich.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1