Sentimental old Tat and liberty bodices

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Mother circa 1951..........enjoying Chicken leg,, on Sea wall in Rhyl      Me and Grandad,,on way to watch Notts cricket Trent Bridge.........circa 1950      

Mam and Aunt  Gwen...........Long row  1949,,edit......Carrington street..     Skegness 1946....cousin Doris,,Mam,,Me,, and GrandadS   Skegness 1946,,,,with Mam

Fishing with Trina.... Gunthorpe 1964    

Posted Images

Just realised that if anyone ‘likes’ the photos of your kittens, I’ll get all the credit!   Sorry about that Ben.  They really are beautiful kittens - do they miaow with a Geordie accent?

• Like 1

Hey Margie, they're lovely looking cats. If they're Ben's, how did you get pix of them. (Unless you took a camera on the dancefloor).

• Like 2
On 7/5/2020 at 6:38 PM, benjamin1945 said:

pics2

Goose Fair 1949 ,,with Grandma and a Sucker,,,

Often wonder who the folk in the background were and after looking at them over so many years feel i know them............

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Had a bit of a shock when I saw the photo of Trina - she looks a bit like I did in my late teens :Shock:  but that name has never been one of my aliases.  

Once at Leicester Palais, I was Yvette Montrey from Marseilles..... I was with a group of girlfriends and they dared me to Do it.  I managed to carry it off with two lads who asked me to dance, and even the band there played Happy Birthday to me because one of my friends went over and told the band i was visiting from France and it was my birthday!

• Like 4

Ben.. I'd say you had the composition 'down pat'...  ;)

And Trina looks like a very lovely young lady.

• Like 1

I think she's really Trina...who was/is lovely ..with a touch of Mediterranean about her...........

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, trogg said:

It seems our Margie was a bit of a tinker in her teenage years , how many aliases did she have and more importantly  WHY?

My friend and I once pretended to be cousins (we gave ourselves different names) for some obscure reason when we were both chatting up a lad.   It was just a bit of fun, really and we managed to carry it off for as long as it took to realise he wasn’t worth the bother anyway!  

Another time, whilst on holiday with another friend in Chapel St Leonard’s , we decided to swap names with each other when we met a couple of lads.  Again, it was just a bit of fun and kept us on our toes remembering to keep up the play acting.

I can’t remember any other names I’ve assumed, but it was a long time ago....

Perhaps I should have gone to drama school?

• Like 2