Sentimental old Tat and liberty bodices

2 hours ago, trogg said:

It seems our Margie was a bit of a tinker in her teenage years , how many aliases did she have and more importantly  WHY?

My friend and I once pretended to be cousins (we gave ourselves different names) for some obscure reason when we were both chatting up a lad.   It was just a bit of fun, really and we managed to carry it off for as long as it took to realise he wasn’t worth the bother anyway!  

Another time, whilst on holiday with another friend in Chapel St Leonard’s , we decided to swap names with each other when we met a couple of lads.  Again, it was just a bit of fun and kept us on our toes remembering to keep up the play acting.

I can’t remember any other names I’ve assumed, but it was a long time ago....

Perhaps I should have gone to drama school?

• Like 2
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Mother circa 1951..........enjoying Chicken leg,, on Sea wall in Rhyl      Me and Grandad,,on way to watch Notts cricket Trent Bridge.........circa 1950      

Mam and Aunt  Gwen...........Long row  1949,,edit......Carrington street..     Skegness 1946....cousin Doris,,Mam,,Me,, and GrandadS   Skegness 1946,,,,with Mam

B45 he'll take a bow,    Three-piece suit from Hector Powe. Such elegance from head to toes,    And moustache parked under nose.   Strutting downtown on Long Row,    Dapp

Posted Images

I once told a girl in Mansfield i was a Gynaecologist (had to look up spelling)  she didnt believe me and asked me to spell it..Rumbled..........lol

• Like 1