Things that may (or may not) surprise you

carni, The Red Pelicans were one of the Jet Provost aerobatic teams. The other was the Macaws (Manby College of Air Warfare). Note the turn-ups on me trousers, the Hush Puppies and the cheap green lens shades. Boy, was I with it in them days.

• Upvote 1

Folland Gnat for those who are not sure what it looks like

DSCF3208_zpsbh2vyrbe.jpg

They said I wouldn't fit in the cockpit so I couldn't have a go,never mind eh,Me at the side of a Hawk,RAF Scampton,home of the Red Arrows

DSCF3209_zpsznr8ug83.jpg

Rog

• Upvote 3

Talking about the formation teams just brought the memory of the Pelicans into Chris's mind, he was just pleased he hadn't imagined it.

You got the style Chulla. Hush Puppies AND turn ups. We wont say anything about the cheap shades (Titter ye not). Those Hush Puppies were a necessity for Chris for many years, before or after the Cuban Heels? which he was forever falling off!

• Upvote 1

I definitely remember the Black Arrows at Hucknall.  I also remember seeing Jet Provosts, Vampires, Lightnings, Vulcans, the Battle of Britain flight and F86 Sabres from some US base.  Also the 'Red Devils' parachute team.  There was no doubt more..

Back on topic..  there are about 1.4 tons of dissolved Silver in every cubic mile of seawater...  :)

#29. How dare you JS! Every night I put them in the beggar's press.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When I were at RAF Wattisham in '72/3 thi were a pilot as used ter fly 'is Lightning upside dahn along't runway an then stand it on its ars* an use it like a rokit ter go uppards in a straight line.  Of course - 'e were allus gerrin grahnded burrit dint mek any difference to't nutcase! :)