Butch Trucks. ABB drummer. RIP

Butch Trucks, one of the drummers with the Allman Brothers Band has sadly died aged 69. 

RIP Butch, a true brother !  Now with Duane and Berry.

It certainly seems to look that way doesn't it Lizzie ? I bet some folk log on,  see that I'm online and think 'Oh Lord, who's died now '. 

It's just that I look at online news, rather than a newspaper.

It seems that Butch committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. He'd had money worries after having to sell his $2M Florida home after receiving a large tax bill. So sad.

Must admit Lizzie & indeed Flea2 I've never heard of this Butch bloke or his band of merry men, but I'm more than sure he was a fine upstanding citizen & hoping he enjoyed his frequent visits to Nottingham? Fantastic name Butch, the only other Butch I have known was a girl, you may be thinking was she a lesbian? Not sure her Dad was called Butch & she was a Butch's Daughter.

So rest in peace Butch have a smooth passing to the other side, condolences to your wife of 25 years lets hope she gets over old Butch blowing his brains out in front of her? I'm sure theres better ways to go? but hay-ho.        

• Upvote 2

Flea2 !  I'll have you know RR that I'm very clean, and don't suffer from infestation !  Cheeky bu66er ! 

• Upvote 1

Very sad to hear about the death of Butch Trucks,  Radfordred,  if you would like to hear what the Allman Brothers Band were like, try their album 'Brothers and Sisters', you will find that you have been listening to one of their numbers for years.

Duane Allman died in a motorcycle accident, as did Berry Oakley I believe. Gregg Allman suffered what some might consider a worse fate, he married Cher.

RIP Butch Trucks.

• Upvote 1

I heard that on Gregg and Cher's wedding night in Kingston Jamaica, he left her alone in their apartment, while he went downtown scoring drugs. I'd be hard pushed to decide which fate is worse . It doesn't say much for Cher does it ?

Many a true word spoken in jest Kath.