People tell me how good it is to have a bus pass.

What is good about getting older, well you can say anything and get away with it as people, just say, it's their age you know. you can have a season ticket free at any hospital, you can get discount's at pictures, museum's, live in a complex, discount rail,  holidays, even some hairdresser's give cheaper hairdo's  stay out late and not get told off and so on and so on.

NOW LETS COMPARE!!!

You can drink as much as you like, dance on tables, stagger your way home, and can't remember a thing next day. You can enjoy an active sex life (not sure if I should have put that) go to gigs, sing at top of your voice as nobody cares, stay out all night, get paid Friday and make it last till Sunday, go with your mates on holidays (we to can do this but who has the best time?) hug the toilet when the room has stopped spinning.

ADD TO THIS IF YOU LIKE.

I don't like being in the senior class do you?

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last night could'nt resist a 5 minute 'kick about' with some young blokes in their 50s on an 'Astro-turf' pitch........still wearing my 3-piece suit and trimmings.........rose majestically to head the

Only joking about the 'eyelids'...........i still do a bit of excercise......at a Gym where i do some work.......plus the odd kick-about football.......and walks in Derbyshire when i push mesen.......

Mary, I think you'll find Phil's got there already!! (Like me).  But you're right, you can still have fun when you're old..... if you can ignore the aches and pains and ailments,  the slowing down of 

It's just like being a teenager again,you can be naughty and people blame your age,you are always right even if you are wrong,you know whats best for you all the time,dress like an idiot and wear what you want,all bacause it's your age,I love it

Rog

• Upvote 4

I keep being told that I talk too loud when I'm calling people, but they're probably too deaf to hear me anyway, so it doesn't matter. I don't care nowadays if I make enemies,  because at 71, we're not going to be enemies for that much longer !

• Upvote 3

There's an old saying I've mentioned on here  previously..........

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is voluntary !  It's so true !

• Upvote 5

Just be yourself Loppy. Let the others worry !

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, mary1947 said:

People tell me how good it is to have a bus pass.

What is good about getting older, well you can say anything and get away with it as people, just say, it's their age you know. you can have a season ticket free at any hospital, you can get discount's at pictures, museum's, live in a complex, discount rail,  holidays, even some hairdresser's give cheaper hairdo's  stay out late and not get told off and so on and so on.

NOW LETS COMPARE!!!

You can drink as much as you like, dance on tables, stagger your way home, and can't remember a thing next day. You can enjoy an active sex life (not sure if I should have put that) go to gigs, sing at top of your voice as nobody cares, stay out all night, get paid Friday and make it last till Sunday, go with your mates on holidays (we to can do this but who has the best time?) hug the toilet when the room has stopped spinning.

ADD TO THIS IF YOU LIKE.

I don't like being in the senior class do you?

Great thread Mary..............we are all mostly in the Category you state..........and i'll take each item one by one..............

1.. say anything...........yes pretty much,

2....next few through to cheaper Hairdressers,..........Yes,.

3....stay out late,Dance on tables etc.........stay out late ok........but would be worried about falling off the tables

4...Sex life............naughty question Mary.......but Yes great.......lol.

To sum up.............i'm with you you Gel     because all the things you mention...i still do but Less often.................lol.

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...

My nearest proper city is Glasgow, some 270 miles distant - without a bus pass it would be very expensive to visit and a rare treat.  Bus passes enable older folk to get out and remain independent and mobile...and that is worth a lot of money to the NHS ....plus.....I can go out and get blewtered at Wetherspoons in Wick without adding an extra £7 to the bill :D

2 minutes ago, NewBasfordlad said:

The main difference I have noticed is that,

If I fell over whilst running I bounced up and carried on running.

Now if I were to run, I would fall over and........... lay there moaning..................I've lost me bounce...............:(

Another New Basford lad (hubby) is in complete agreement.

Know what you mean NBL.............I do some work in a sports centre.......sometimes have a kick-about in the gym or Astro turf,mostly ok but couple of weeks ago went arse over tit,.........to much hilarity from the young uns.............got to admit.........old folk do look funny when they fall over...............lol.

Just found a new book written  by a journalist it's witty, bracing account of being diagnosed with Parkinson's  aged 43.

Its called OLD AGE A Beginner's Guide. by Michael Kinsley

Will read the book and give feedback you never know it might give us maturity people hope? well maybe.

Please Compo don't call us "older folk" we are the mature 60s generation like Walt Disney's say's no matter how old you get there's a child in all of us waiting to get out.

• Upvote 5

Benjamin 1945

Pick your self up and start all over again, if you can't beat um join um.

• Upvote 1

80 next year - can't wait ;) It will mean I'm in new age cat at indoor rowing contests. The 70+ cat is just too tough cos I would be racing against 70 y/o whipper snappers.

It's a golden age for me. Can do more or less what I like. Mrs PP is the same - it's a big advantage having absolute trust in each other while giving each other space to follow our personal likes from time to time. We have a great time together too. It a formulae that young couples would have difficulty with :rolleyes:

Still go on week long fishing trips with the lads and have hilarious times. Trips already arranged for this year - Anglesey, France,  Ireland and the Highlands (twice). Mrs PP off to Tenerife with daughter and granddaughter next week while I look after the dog.

• Upvote 3

This song sums it all up for me.

BUT!!.

That's about recognising the inevitable.....

What we do in the meantime is our choice...

:)

Col

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Did not want to start a new topic so I thought this one would suit what I'm going to say.

WHAT A LOAD OF BOWLS.

The bowling season will be starting in April (no not April 1st) any one who lives near Heanor and is interested please get in touch.

Just a little about the game as there is more to bowls than the mere playing of the game, There are rules to be followed by bowlers when on the green, be polite to the other team, even though they do get on your nerves, never send a bowl with the wrong bias, as you have to buy all members a drink afterwards, don't call the captain as you will never be picked again to play in a match, and gents don't forget that the ladies can bowl just as well as you. Of cause there is more to bowls than this but it's very competitive and rewarding. So if interested get in touch. Training will be given if needed.

• Upvote 1

I have a friend who adds 5 years to her age just to hear people tell her how good she looks for her age.  Now me when anybody says how old are you my hearing suddenly goes.

• Upvote 1