I have written a booklet about my Gt Grandparents' John and Emma Godfrey of Park House in Carlton, which in the early 1930s became a health clinic.  In 2004 the house was demolished and a new larger medical centre and GP surgery were built in the same grounds.  The book contains extracts from my Great Uncle  Major Cecil Godfrey's letters which he sent home to his family from the western front in 1916. Also included are parts of John's diaries, particularly the WW1 years, the building of Carlton Library, the buying of the 'cricket field' which John and his brother Samuel bought and sold to Carlton UDC on condition that the Council use it for recreation purposes only. Any old Carltonians out there?!!  £4.50 a copy  from Carlton post office and the GP surgery within Park House, or £5.80. from me to include p and p. 

• 2 years later...
36 minutes ago, Five Leaves Bookshop said:

Is this still available? 

Angela may not see this but can be found on the Facebook page "Gedling Village Local History and Preservation"

Look for the name Angela Keyworth she is a regular contributor there with tales of the Godfrey family .

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1908689169455273?group_view_referrer=profile_browser