John Wetton ex Asia dies.

Just heard that John Wetton, the great bass player ex of Asia, Family, King Crimson, Roxy Music, Uriah Heap, Wishbone Ash, and many other groups has died of colon cancer aged 67. A local lad from Willington near Derby , he was living in Bournemouth. 

RIP. John. Sadly missed.

I rarely comment on the deaths of 'personalities' and 'artists' but this announcement makes me very sad as I knew John a few years ago.  I've seen him perform many times, but always at smallish private gigs.  A really nice guy who will be sadly missed by very good friends of ours who played in bands with him.  

• Upvote 1

I've been reading up on John, and it transpires that as well as being a highly respected musician (as you can see by the number of groups he's worked with) he was very modest, level headed, and a complete gentleman. Something that is a rarity in the often false, facile and overblown world of showbiz. A great loss to the real music industry. 

That's right Cliff. Seen them many times. Brilliant !