On 2/16/2017 at 10:24 PM, Angela Helen said:

The hardware store has gone now but it was a few shops away from the tea gardens. And now I shan't sleep until I remember the name of the store with parrot!

Whitings hardware store?

Cafe was called the green parrot x

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had a delve back through som old pix   This one is outside the shop- my mum is on the right- I'm not sure who the others are- although I suspect the old guy is Grandad Gilbert  

Thank you!    Chris Gilbert was a baker and confectioner. However, it all began years before my grandmas time. I remember grandma telling me that Christopher and his wife Mary lived in the o

This photo has recently surfaced, showing the Mapperley Tea Gardens. Amazing to think that this is now the site of the Co-op on Mapperley Top. The name C. Gilbert has obviously been hand-drawn in, pro

Posted Images

I was around in the mid 1950s and lived on Woodthorpe Drive so I must have seen the shop you mention but I don’t think I ever went in there.  What schools did you go to?

6 hours ago, Richard Bell said:

Any one remember 910 woodborough rd mapperley   When it was a stationary & gift shop with a bow window mid 1950s

I didn't know the area then, but the building still has a bay window (at least upstairs) and is now an Estate Agents.

https://goo.gl/maps/64BwrsNJW25iGqnq8