Hello Ray531.  Pleased you've decided to join us.  Looking forward to reading about your memories of Nottingham.

Thanks everyone    -- the site is a little confusing at times with the retention of all replies,with some going back years.

Ray

Welcome Ray. It'll take you months if not years to catch up. Especially some of the older topics. 

Best of luck.

Ray, I think that retaining all the old posts is why this site is so good.  You can spend hours reading from the beginning the ones  you are interested in.  I suppose you've already worked it out, but many. people have said they first go to 'unread content' then click/tap on the TIME to take you to the latest posts.  It can be a bit annoying when the topics seem to disappear when you've read them, but they can still be found in 'all activity'.   

Sorry if you already know all this...

I used to go on the number 25 bus to school down Westdale Lane, as I lived in Woodthorpe.  Have you always lived in that area?

welcome ray531

looking forward to your post's

Welcome Ray, I'm hope you enjoy nottstalgia. I live at the other end of town now

but I still visit Westdale Lane regularly as I do the school run for my grandson.

The 25 bus is still running Margie, it's my worst nightmare being stuck behind

one going up Breckhill.

• Upvote 1

Hi MargieH,

Relative newbie to Westdale Lane --- only been here for over 40 years.Born at Lenton Abbey and spent my first 22years there apart from a break of a year at my Aunts at Clifton prior to the estate closing in on Glapwell lane.

Ray

• Upvote 1

Ray, you've lived in the area longer than I lived in Woodthorpe!  I left to get married when I was 23 and that's 50 years ago!  We did keep visiting my parents till they came to live with us, though, so I suppose I finally left the area in 1981.  Having said that, we still have regular visits to  Nottingham - the place still draws me......  probably won't move back at this stage of our lives, though!

Greetings Ray.

Could be interesting if you posted some of your Folk and 60s music memories in the music forums. 

Col