I thought the members should know.

Very often things go on behind the scenes that you are never aware of.

• Upvote 1

I hope that the mod concerned will decide to return.  If it is who I think it is he was a tremendous asset to the site.  I do not mean to minimize the work of the other mods who all do a great job.  I hope that anyone who threatens has their account closed for good.  Thanks for keeping us posted, Mick.  

• Upvote 6

Well, perhaps the membership ought to know whether or not the offending member has been banned or not. 

No names required, and just lets hope that justice and common sense has prevailed. 

• Upvote 4
6 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Well, perhaps the membership ought to know whether or not the offending member has been banned or not. 

No names required, and just lets hope that justice and common sense has prevailed. 

This particular member will not be returning to this forum. We have probably lost a much more valuable member.

• Upvote 1

Reading these last posts has made me feel very sad. I don't know what has been happening but If I am guessing correctly as to who the mod that has been threatened is, I want to say, Please don't go, you are a very popular and much respected member on NS. You are so helpful to any of us who want information on any subject, and such a friendly person as well. I am so sorry you have been through this trauma, but I hope you can overcome it and stay with us. You have a lot of friends on here and even my better half who is  not a member on NS is appalled, that you have been treated this way.

I don't know if I should have written this, but I am so sorry and want to do my best to tempt our mod to stay with us.

If this post is not acceptable, I understand and will abide by the decision as to whether it stays or goes.

• Upvote 16

I thought that this thread was just about someone who'd duplicated their account but having just read all the posts I realise that it's a lot more serious than that. It would seem that the person is Cliff Ton who hasn't been on Nottstalgia since February 19th. I'd hate to think it is him because, in my opinion, he's one of the most important people on Nottstalgia. I know that a lot of us like a little banter but Nottstalgia is about the history of Nottingham and there is nobody on here who contributes more info and photos regarding Nottingham than he does. I've no idea if it is Cliff Ton other than the fact he's not posted for a while. If it is him then I hope he doesn't let one person make him leave Nottstalgia and spoil it for us all.

From what mick2me has stated the incidents are very serious indeed and credit should be given as to how he has dealt with the matter.

• Upvote 5

There can be banter, disagreement and even open, verbal hostility.  It's a fine line between them all.  They may be regrettable but they are not unusual on 'the net'.

Duplicate accounts could, as pointed out by Mick 'upthread', be accidental.  Even if deliberate, they are not necessarily malicious.

But threats, and in this case we have to assume this means threats of violence.. are totally and utterly unacceptable in civilised society.  And that includes internet Fora. Including this one.

If the member threatened is the one we mostly think it is.. this is even more shocking.  This person is a huge asset to the site for all the reasons stated above. 

I'm also personally very grateful to this person for measured and unbiased advice at times when things were a little 'fraught' for myself.

I'm at a loss to imagine what might conceivably lead any 'member' here to think they have the right to issue threats in this way.

Frankly, I'm also at a loss as to who the perpetrator might be.

I hope they are gone.

I hope our friend returns.

Col

• Upvote 2

It does need locking, folk can't seem to let things rest. As has been said, stuff behind the scenes only the management are aware of. Mick has said the offender is no longer. Move on.

• Upvote 2