I am aware that duplicate accounts have been created by one member.

This breaches the conditions of this board.

There are members who have difficulty with registration but from what I see this is not always the case.

Where duplicate accounts are found, I will be deleting ALL accounts irrespective of postcount.

If you think you may have more than one account please contact a staff member to remove or merge accounts.

Not always possible to ID duplicate account owners, all we have to go by are IP addresses and email addresses, as not everyone has a static IP address, that rules that out, and I personally use two different email addresses, one used rarely so as not to get junk emails and the other my daily address. So email addresses are not much use in IDing someone.  Hope that helps.

Just want to assure everyone that I don't have a dual personality.  Because I always can see both sides in a discussion, I'd spend too much time arguing with myself!

• Upvote 3

Me too Margie...........my other self is a right 'plonker'...........and ive no time for him.............lol. 

• Upvote 4

I often argue with myself, sometimes I win and sometimes I win...

• Upvote 2

Even my other self is not one of them Jill............no he has other traits I don't like.........but i'm not telling..........

• Upvote 1

T'ain't me neither,.

Nuff said.

So 15 hours later we are none the wiser? So it's none of the above? Or is it? We are all under suspicion. Posts have be removed #5? Nothing new to me. Let's be told the person/persons is & why would anyone need a second account? Remove them delete them rub them out. Let's be told.

Feel free to delete this post, but @ the same time please delete my account, wipe me out.

Now hold on there RR, don't be hasty. All will be revealed I dare say. 

This is getting all very silly, too much for my little brain to cope with, it's all too much, getting fed up. Where's the fun of Nottstalgia gone. I used to love logging on but ..........

• Upvote 5

It's definitely got out of hand Lizzie, and should have been resolved months ago , but was regretfully allowed to continue.

Lets all hope for a quick and painless conclusion.

• Upvote 1

Is it just me, or are others surprised at this thread. If ONE member has duplicate accounts, presumably that's a private matter for the 'management' and that member. Surely a general reminder of the rules was all that was required without apparently causing more uncertainty and stirring unrest we don't need.

• Upvote 3

The moderators can see what is happening.

• 3 weeks later...

This post was made as a result of a Nottstalgia staff member receiving a direct threat via their Facebook account.

There is no need to name the person, they will know who they are, as will those who it does not apply to.

Moderators here are volunteers and should not expect to receive threats.

I therefore checked that members account and found other duplicate accounts,

What is most concerning is that the threat was made via the Moderators facebook account so that person had gone to the trouble of finding out the mods name. I note that the moderator is no longer with us, and I cant really blame them

We had this problem before with multiple disruptive accounts, it wont happen again.

Staff here have spent hours sorting out problems with petty squabbles, who can blame them for getting pissed off and throwing in the towel.

Nottstalgia is a discussion board to discuss Notts History, posts to that effect are welcome.

There are now less moderators here to ensure that this is the case.

Well I'm afraid that this is a most unsavoury episode in the history of Nottstalgia, and I very much doubt that it can now be resolved amicably, which is a real shame. 

The Admin member will be sadly missed, as he was an absolute fountain of knowledge regarding Nottinghams past, and a great source of photographic evidence.

However, in the past, members have left for varying reasons and the site has carried on regardless. 

The problem should never have escalated to this point, but it did, and hopefully is now history.

Come on Nottstalgians, we'll overcome this setback!

• Upvote 5

It just shows what absolute scum there are out there,with nowt else better to do...............how can anyone make threats to such a nice inoffensive man........and as Fly says.........he will be sadly missed.....hope he returns........a site like this with so many lovely people,deserves better than some of these 'saddo's.

• Upvote 4