#25 hi DJ360 thanks for the welcome , I lived there from 54 to 67 I am amazed that Benjamin can remember so many people , he must have loved his life there, me I recollect very few people due to my home circumstances I couldn't wait to get away.  But I still have some good memories of the latter years.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gem, I'm afraid I sometimes dip in and out of the forum several times a day and I often multitask by watching TV at the same time!   Of course there are lots of days when I have to do other stuff but

Oh go on then........i suppose its in the right thread ''Confessions''........there were myself and two other blokes from Nottingham........one chap was called Shorty he was about 6ft 4in........and t

Gem, I have just read your post  above, and realise it may seem to newcomers to the site that we all know each other well but I think that must be because a few of us are regular posters and have got

I certainly did 'trogg''......best days of my life,.......glad col D360 came on to welcome you,(knew he would) he's the other old Bestwood boy i mentioned.......still bugging me who you are,......what number Leybourne did you live?.......i was born at 118 but spent most of my early years at my Grandma/Grandads 126,........come on give us a clue........lol.

Hi benj  I lived at 97 the Kirks lived next door and the Clarks next to them , My name Mick Knight , my elder brother was Roger and two of my sisters who went to Padstow were Margaret and Frances.

Thanks for that trogg............you ok don't recall your sisters   lol..........Roger Knight rings a distant bell,..........hope you stay on the forum mate..............some really nice folk on here..............

• 4 months later...

I have a confession to make when I make a post on here I very rarely read any of the posts before I just find the topic I'm putting it in & make my post :crazy: what's yours?

Also I've never read or read anything in bold print? 

• Upvote 1

#16 #19

Strange I felt the same as you both, only knowing one person on here and living in Italy couldnt contribute much in the way of up to date happenings. No worry I was quickly " accepted" . So welcome both and post post post. You'll soon feel at home.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

Hahaha! Good one RR.  Next week you could put bags of dog poo in the recycle bins.  Actually, it doesn’t take much for the bin men to condemn a wheelie bin. We had a friend staying and he put a very small piece of polystyrene in our recycling bin. It took days for the council to come and empty it after offending material had been removed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Trogg 

look forward to your post's if you live in old Bestwood you should have lots to tell us well maybe?, spent many a day/night in a few of your pubs.

When we lived in Norfolk, glass was recyclable, here in east leaks it's not!! With what I pay in council tax, it is so in the bin it goes, our bin lads don't check.

Waddo, where in Norfolk did you live ?........i more or less lived there in 70s/80s........

We lived in Heacham, and I worked at the CITB at Bircham Newton. Was there from 1991 Moved back to Nottingham 2012.

Nice part of the country Waddo.........i worked all of Norfolk in my VG foodstore days for ABGibsons......rented a flat in Norwich.............

Norwich, the first postcode in Britain. I used to enter names and addresses onto punch cards and remember Norwich addresses having the ( I think ) NN code at the end. A bit of useless information for the new year.

• Like 1

Nice to visit,/ holiday, but to tell the truth, I never really went a lot on folk's there. It was expensive as well to live there. Saying that, I did use to enjoy a bike ride to Yarmouth at the weekends.

Yes Waddo Norfolk people (Nor folk) are a lot different from Notts folk,.........never the less made some good friends in Norwich......worked there again in 03 and o4...tried to look em up but all had passed away,......when i got divorced in 83/84 it was a tossup whether i moved from Northants to Norwich or back to Nottingham......Nottingham won because i had family here who helped to some degree with the kids,..........often wonder what would have happened to my life and the kids if i'd moved to Norwich,

Lifes strange when you look back........one decision and a new life enfolds.........

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

often wonder what would have happened to my life and the kids if i'd moved to Norwich,

You would be putting Colman's mustard on yer  Carrot's and growing extra finger's!!

Still do mate Colemans Mustard that is,.......remember their premises near Norwich football ground,........in 03/04 we had a store detective contract for Budgens stores of which there were quite a few in Norfolk.......Dersingham,Cley next the sea,Sheringham,Cromer,......and a few in Norwich.......there are as many shoplifters in Norfolk as Notts.......used to take a team of Store Detectives from Nottingham and swamp their stores for a week at a time,.......had some great experiences while down there,.....inc getting arrested myself while on a job........innocent honest,but very funny............but thats another story........:wacko:

• Like 1