• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gem, I'm afraid I sometimes dip in and out of the forum several times a day and I often multitask by watching TV at the same time!   Of course there are lots of days when I have to do other stuff but

Oh go on then........i suppose its in the right thread ''Confessions''........there were myself and two other blokes from Nottingham........one chap was called Shorty he was about 6ft 4in........and t

Gem, I have just read your post  above, and realise it may seem to newcomers to the site that we all know each other well but I think that must be because a few of us are regular posters and have got

Relate another time Loppy...........its a long one but very funny,.involves me and two others being spread across the Bonnet of my car by half a dozen Coppers and being searched for weapons........it was rush hour in Norwich.....everyone home late that night......

• Like 2

Oh go on then........i suppose its in the right thread ''Confessions''........there were myself and two other blokes from Nottingham........one chap was called Shorty he was about 6ft 4in........and the other was called Earl'' an ex Private Detective........both great characters Shorty was in his mid 20s and looked a proper villain,...Earl was my age proper suave and a real ladies man,..............we were all dressed casual jeans jumper etc,

We had been asked to sort a supermarket out in Norwich which was suffering horrendous stock losses,the suspicion was goods were going out the back door and the Manager was involved,the only place we could view the back door was from the top of an adjacent car park,so we settled on the roof to begin our watch about 1pm,we took it in turns to go in the shop to recce who was on duty,.....the car park had a man who took your money on entry,anyway as the afternoon wore on we realised he was getting suspicious of us,..........we had seen nothing untoward and decided to come back the next morning,so about 4.30 we called it a day,.....on driving out i noticed a Police car behind me.....then heading into rush hour traffic noticed two Police cars behind me.........then a van in front with a flashing blue light,caused me to stop.Police piled out the cars behind and with truncheons drawn ordered us out the the car with hands raised.........turned out later the Van in front was armed Police but they never got out,..........we thought it was funny but they were serious, and had us spreadeagled across my car and searched us and the car.

As we had not committed any crime i decided not to tell em owt.............Shorty and Earl did likewise,..........they were not best pleased,..after arrest in the Police cars........and causing all sorts of traffic chaos ....i finally gave them a telephone number of the man that had hired us...........the Scottish sergeant who was in charge got quite nasty when i told him about 'client confidentiallity ............but we still thought it was funny.......i suppose he could have done us for withholding information ,

We did eventually get the Manager who was on the fiddle big time.........loved days like that, wish i still did it,......that night we went to a place called 'Samson and Hercules'...........bit like our old Palais.........grab a Granny night......Earl scored............great times.........

• Like 8
  • 1 year later...

Well its time for another confession, I am a complete idiot, now the excuses. On Friday feeling completely rough only 2 hours sleep and body giving me hell. The wife usually goes for a coffee and natter ( gossip) with a walk around Hucknall market , her friend cancelled so I agree to go with her as I need some diesel in my car.

Pulls up at Tesco and I cant remember which side fuel filler is, Only had the car 5 years, told you I was feeling rough, lifted out the nozzle and pressed the pay at pump button, wrong one, nozzle back into pump waited for pump to clear, pressed pay cashier,, picked up nearest nozzle only put in 5gallons as new car should be delivered at end of month.

Then parked near market walked around with wife , really exciting lol, had coffee, finally, reprieved and went to car to go home, never had a problem with the car in 5years but today it wouldn't start.  But it finally started but was it running rough. Drove home sounding like a demented tank so phoned my son for help.  He came and shortly after grand son , Yes I had put petrol into tank, I told you I was feeling rough, they sorted it out for me , I was told at regular intervals go back in you have caused enough problems and that I am a silly old f***, how do I ever give my grandson advice again.

So Friday I made a complete mess of every thing and besides wasting money and having to go shopping and buying nothing I have two containers of contaminated petrol diesel to dispose of, I told you I was feeling rough.

Sunday made up for it , it was a good day never laughed so much for years, but that is another story not to be told.

• Upvote 2

When I lived in Oz, a mate pulled in to get a tankful of petrol, brand new car, the attendant filled his car up, got his money out to pay them and he noticed the dickhead attendant had filled him up with diesel!! They had to remove his tank, drain it, clean it out, refit it and fill him up with petrol while he waited.

Luckily he noticed before he tried to start his car.

• Upvote 1

Same has happened in this family Trogg, several years ago.  My husband went to Sainsburys in Arnold and put a FULL tank of petrol into his Diesel car.  As soon as he pulled out of the petrol station he realised what he’d done and parked up in the supermarket car park, rang me and I went to collect him. He left his car there as it was late evening and the following morning he rang Audi to collect it on a low-loader to drain the tank at the dealership.  That silly mistake cost a few hundred pounds ......  a wasted full tank of petrol, low-loader, Audi workshop time, then a full tank of diesel.   I don’t  think he’d do it again! 

• Upvote 2

Thank yourself he realized it so soon Lizzie, once the petrol hits the engine, one engine ruined, head could have blown off, piston through the block.

Farmers sometimes add a pint of petrol to an almost full tank of diesel for easier winter cold starts in their tractors, but they don't like pure petrol, they tend to explode.

• Upvote 2