Hi folks hope I have the right place. I have just joined. I lived on st Anne's well Rd from 1955 until the mid 80s. My father had the welding shop at 101 and my grandparents had the cafe at 107 nobles the cleaners were in between. 

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Waddo! I'm sure you'll love this site, just as we all do. I'm not familiar with the area where you lived but there are plenty who are. Look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to the Forum Waddo, from another owd St Annsian; there are a few of us on here. I lived in Comyn St, off Great Freeman St but moved out to the broad acres of Ruddington in 1955 although still had family there until the mid Sixties when they were rehoused.

Enjoy the Forum and keep posting with your memories and recollections.

Hi everyone, just reading some of the posts, it seems like a few of you are familiar with the same things that jog my memories. when i get to go through them I will be able to be a bit more accurate with some of the finer details. There are some that are as clear today as if it happened yesterday, andos pawnshop, the cavo, I will try to run through the different post's and reply accordingly. My grandmother's café was in between nobles the cleaners and the coachmakers arms right opposite the admiral dundas. Old Joe Anderson had 4 terraced houses in our back Yard the first one was Mary rooks who worked for my Gran, the next two were rented to lot's of various folk's on a regular basis, and the last one was rented to Cliff who was the doorman at the cavo. Under all the rentals was andos furniture shop,that looked on to Union rd. If any one can add any more detail, that would be good.

• 5 years later...

I lived on Leicester street in st anns , well technically Rushworth avenue , remember when walking to the top of our street seeing some of the houses on hungerhill road flattened , we used to play on those demolitioned sites , health and safety lot would of gone mad way back then , some names i can remember were 

Robert wilson

Dorothy wilson

Sheila wilson

Patrick shanahan he had a brother whose name escapes me !

Patricia taylor

David taylor

Robert keatley

Edie ledwood

Ron and may ward

Mr martin corner shop

Christine ray

Alan ray

Mr forbes the gasman who'd empty your meter !