My Walking Blog

• 1 year later...

Brought myself some walking boots, an ordinance survey map, a nice hand carved walking stick & rucksack, went to the Peak District, walked 5 miles stopped, sat on a wall & had a flask of tea, walked another 5 miles, had a biscuit & another cup of tea, then I ......... Sorry, I'm rambling  

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

I went hiking on the Dorset Coast over bank holiday, didn’t realise it would be more of a mountain climb!  There was a real sense of achievement when we arrived at the deserted village of Tyneham.  A place that was taken over by the Army during World War II and the residents were never allowed back there as it’s still being used by the military for target practice.  

A96_D8_D86-3_D0_E-45_A1-_BE6_C-_E7_E59_E1_FEC5444-0059-469_F-8_EC8-_FD71_E952_AC3811_E192-_B1_A7-4359-_AE0_C-_EBD6285_B540176_DAC-7898-46_BF-8_BE5-_BB541933_E05

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

16 miles?? sheesh, you be as fit as a …   I once did charity walk  Mansfield to Nottingham (14miles) and it damn near crippled me.

Depends what you are used to. On relatively flat ground, like canal towpaths I find I can walk forever. Across country in the Lake District or the Peak District is far more strenuous because of the steep gradients and rougher ground.