• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No wimin? flipping heck,who did the housework then? Rog

Probably going to give the ash trays to their mothers for Mothers day,just a thought   Rog

A bit like a few women I,,,no better not carry on with that Rog   Rog

4 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

There's probably as much demand for Costa coffee in Bulwell as there is for Dom Peringnon. Not that I'm a fan of champagne!

Whilst I broadly agree Jill.........I fail to see what Champagne as got to do with a French Footballer..................

• Upvote 3

He was a lucky monk-ee then! They let him out of the monastery to play football!! Dom PERIGNON that is, cos this bl99dy iPad keeps changing what I write! Doubt that kind of life would have suited you, Ben. Being the cellarmaster would have been fun but there'd have been no women!  :(

• Upvote 3

Was in Bulwell this morning. Just 5 people in Costa. My day brightened up when I picked up a tuppenny piece. How on earth did it manage to stay 'lost' without the loser spending all morning looking for it?

• Upvote 2

53.  I know what you mean about the iPad, Jill.  I don't know how many times I've had to edit because it decided I meant something other than what I wrote.  I'm thinking maybe Apple changed summat.  (I deliberately wrote 'summat' and it changed it to summation'). I'm getting a bit sick of 'smart' devices that will not do as they are told.  :angry:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

I'm getting a bit sick of 'smart' devices that will not do as they are told.  :angry:

A bit like a few women I,,,no better not carry on with that Rog :rotfl:

Rog

• Upvote 4
5 hours ago, Chulla said:

Was in Bulwell this morning. Just 5 people in Costa. My day brightened up when I picked up a tuppenny piece. How on earth did it manage to stay 'lost' without the loser spending all morning looking for it?

Yes,it was mine Chulla..........looked high and low on Main street.........give it me when we next meet please.........

• Upvote 2

Canadian  "Tim Hortons' coffee shops are set to open in the UK,i think Nottingham area  would be a great place  to open a few of there coffee shops and maybe one in Bulwell.

• Upvote 2

At this rate, Bulwell will be awash with the stuff! From what I've heard,  Bulwellians are only interested if it's being given away, free gratis and for nothing! Maybe Tim Horton could take over Costa Coffee's premises when they close down?  :wacko:

• Upvote 2

Good for Tim's, RGR.  If they perform as well as they have in Canada it would be a good move for them.  Best donuts in the business as far as Iam concerned.  Wish we had more in the States.

• Upvote 1

Never heard of this Tim Hortons outfit,......sounds good though love Doughnuts with me Espresso........y'all get down to Bulwell Tim Horton......with your 'mighty fine wares'........lol.

• Upvote 2

#66   Ben.   Tim Hortons was started by an ice hockey player Tim Horton.:rolleyes:  He died a few years ago but his first Donut shop, which I think opened in Toronto, rapidly grew to the point where you can now find a Tim Hortons on street corners in most, if not all of Canada's main cities.  Their advertising slogan was "Always Fresh, Cause you keep eating 'em'  They also market their own brand of coffee which I still buy on Amazon.  Mild and enjoyable. As well as Donuts they sell ready to eat sandwiches and soup.  Maybe other things now its been a while since I've been to one.  Reasonable prices.  Bright clean place to sit if you want or take out if you prefer.  Sounds like an ad' for 'em but I never worked for them. :biggrin:  Just believe in recommending where it is due.  You can never tell how it would work in Bulwell or anywhere else.  What works in one place just doesn't in another.  Hope they can conquer Bulwell.

• Upvote 2

Donuts,  sorry about previous spelling Loppy,..........i'm just a good old boy' from Bulwell,.lol..............really do love Donuts and very strong Coffee........could Dunk em all day..........

• Upvote 2

I could never get my head around eating donuts for breakfast when I went to the states. I contemplated a one man crusade to change their unhealthy eating habits, but guessed that it would fall on death ears. Like trying to get them to drive on the left.

Those Americans are a strange lot. !

• Upvote 1

Donuts for breakfast???? Who eats them for breakfast, it's bacon, sausage pattie, hash browns and eggs with a couple of rounds of toast. Truckers usually eats steak and eggs for breakfast. Donuts are for coffee break late morning. Besides donuts are terrible, baked cakes that's all they are.. REAL donuts are deep fried in oil and drenched in sugar and left to drain on a paper kitchen towel...MMMM delicious.

In my almost 30 years here I've never seen anyone eat donuts for breakfast.

• Upvote 1

I've got to agree with John on this one, Mike.  I've never seen anybody have donuts for breakfast.  Maybe in the cities they do it.  Probably New York.  They're all Yankees up there anyway.  It's what makes 'em so hard to get along with.  Just ask Mrs. Loppy.:biggrin:  Turning me into a right Southerner she is.   We have to drive on the right 'cause all our cars are made with the steering wheel on the left. :rolleyes:

Don't know where you were in the USA Mike, but you need to get down to the Sahth.  I always tell 'em when they say, "Not from Ahrahnd these parts are yer?"   No!  but I got here as soon as I could.  Seems to make 'em happy.

Ben #69  That should be Good ole boy.

• Upvote 2