I fully appreciate what a couple of you are saying, and I agree that it occasionally becomes somewhat repetitive.

It's not like the old days of three years ago, when several of us 'night owls' sat up until 2am posting.

I for one definitely need my beauty sleep these days. LOL

I don't really know how far we should take this so don't get mad at me if you disagree.

I don't know how far back, 'How's your day' goes but I'm sure there are many posts, some quite long.  I know I've made one or two myself that have little if anything to do with Nottingham as such.  I certainly wouldn't be all bent out of shape if they got deleted.

I know the Boss does not want to delete any serious Nottingham history and I agree, but how long do we keep stuff that really isn't Nottingham history but just friendly banter?

Eg.  I like to talk about my dogs.  They are important in my life, but most are probably not interested and certainly won't be even ten years from now.

It's a tough topic and can't please every one.  Didn't even exist in the early days of the site but it is one that we have to think about.

Just a few well meaning thoughts.  :)

• Upvote 4

I had no issues with speed, but glad its working for you, will the weekly even daily delete continue Cliff Ton? With the word/song games only the last 2 posts are relevant to the game? Daily/hourly delete no clogging up the site? 

Looks like getting rid of most of this really did the trick...

23 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

.......... by far the biggest - How's Your Day with 577 pages and around 14,500 posts.

When that's trimmed down, this site will be so quick you'll never see it.

• Upvote 1

37.  Sure did, Cliff.  Refreshing so fast.  I hit 'unread content' yesterday and it came up so fast, I thought my iPad hadn't registered the click.  Hit it again to be sure and it was almost instant.  Thanks again for your hard work on this issue.  It has made the site even more enjoyable.  

• Upvote 1

No noticeable difference here !

Morning! Fly.  I suspect that local traffic on our own areas of the Internet will still have a bit of an effect.  Even time of day.  That said, I think the overall speed of NS is a big improvement. ;)

It must be my iPad that is full of crap then !  LOL

42.  I can't comment on that, Fly.  I don't know.  If you've got a lot of photos etc.. It might slow you down a bit.  I don't keep a lot of stuff on the iPad.  Use it more for a quick connect to NS and reading a few news sites.  Even that is getting less.  Too many stupid commercials.

• 2 weeks later...

He's back !  

If things are only showing the last two or so, then how on earth do you know what's gone previously ?

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble accessing "Unread Content" ? every time I click on that I get this message.

" Fatal error: Call to a member function streamSeparator() on null in /home/nottstal/public_html/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code on line 2280"

All other departments are working fine. I have tried all NS themes & the problem is still there. Windows 19 & browser is Firefox v53.0 64bit.

• Upvote 1